Casual Kennel Technician
Advertiser: Northshore Pet ResortMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
About the business
Northshore Pet Resort is a family owned and operated business located in Rothwell. Our resort (sister to Samford Pet Resort) has been operating since 2009 with the aim of providing a 'home away from home' for pets whilst their owners are away.
Northshore Pet Resort is a growing family business in a progressing industry. Due to this growth we are looking for an energetic person to help fulfil our daily pet care duties. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and build strong relationships with customers (both four and two legged!). We nurture a supportive team environment so personality fit is just as important as skill.
About the role
The role is a casual position which will vary in hours anywhere between 13-30 hours per week, all dependent on animal and business needs.
This job will see you perform the following duties:
- Provide general animal husbandry duties (cleaning, feeding, medicating, bathing, pet enrichment)
- Driving of the manual transport vehicle
- Conduct administration duties including high level of customer liaison skills, reception duties and general administration
- Communicate effectively to team members on a daily basis
Benefits and perks
- Highly rewarding job working with animals!
- Supportive management team who value training and learning
- Diverse role with the opportunity to build on a career in a very competitive animal industry
- Located walking distance to shops and cafes
Skills and experience
Essential candidate requirements:
- Genuine interest and knowledge of companion animals
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Own car and transport
- Flexibility in rostering and shift cover
- Availability – roster period will include weekends and public holidays (including Easter, Xmas and New Year)
- Aptitude to deliver excellent customer experience
- Demonstrated capability to work with team members effectively and provide support to ensure all tasks are carried out efficiently
- Ability to multi-task
Bonus but non-essential qualifications or experience:
- Certificate in Animal Studies, Companion Animal Services or similar
- Companion animal industry experience
- Worked with horses, large animals or farm experience
- Prior customer service training and experience
To Apply for this role, please apply via seek and complete our application form which will be automatically sent to you in response (allow up to 3 days).
CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT SUBMITTING A NORTHSHORE and SAMFORD PET RESORT APPLICATION FORM.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates can be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest in becoming a part of our team!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?