Advertiser: Envirolab ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- $50,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Envirolab Group comprising of Envirolab Services, MPL Laboratories and Labtec Auckland provides a broad range of laboratory testing services such as environmental chemistry, microbiology, asbestos, workplace exposure & air monitoring and product formulation and agrichemicals.
We are a NATA accredited laboratory group and we service Environmental Consultants, Mines, Occupational Hygienists, Government Departments, industry and the general public by providing great service and quality. Further information can be found at www.envirolab.com.au
Our Sydney laboratory in Chatswood is currently accepting applications for the position of Laboratory Technician in our modern NATA accredited laboratory for an immediate start. This is a casual position rostered for the afternoon shift 1pm – 9pm, Monday to Fridays, where you will be required to perform sample prep of soil and water samples by extraction in preparation for instrument analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and analysis - prepare samples for analysis and ensure tests are conducting within holding time
- Quality control - adhere to all quality control requirements
- All documentation is completed accurately
- Ensure ongoing housekeeping to keep a clean workspace
The ideal candidate will:
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Be an excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- Have the ability to meet tight deadlines & work under pressure
- Be reliable & self-motivated
- Be a team player
- A Cert IV in Laboratory Techniques is preferred
As an employee of Envirolab Group, you will work in a highly supportive team environment with industry leaders. The business is client focused and enjoys a great reputation across the industry. Working in a dynamic environment, you will actively contribute towards our success, whilst continuing to develop your career. The Envirolab Group has a great culture where staff are treated like family, and family comes first.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- Do you have experience working in a NATA accredited laboratory?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have a Certificate III in Laboratory Skills?