Network Engineer - IT/Gaming sector!Private Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
What are we looking for?
Are you a network guru? Team player? A master trouble-shooter? If you have proven experience with systems planning, security principles and software management best practices this could be the role for you. Your experience will include proven development and system/application implementation.
Who are we?
intelligence |innovation | integrity |inspiration
Intralot is part of the global Intralot Group based in Athens. We provide the monitoring system and full operational support for the Victorian State Government for all pub and club electronic gaming machines in Victoria. We are also the provider of system support and maintenance for Lotterywest of Western Australia. Visit our website or LinkedIn pages for more information.
What will your day look like?
After making your espresso at our coffee machine it’s time to plan your day. For the majority of it you’re likely to be busy working with our network equipment (routers, firewalls, network switches etc) to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot.
Your role involves supporting our business functions by monitoring, supporting, maintaining and optimising the network infrastructure. We have a large number of projects between 2019-2021 We are not afraid of new ideas and welcome your experience.
When the day wraps up, jump on your bike or into your car from our downstairs carpark – we are a hop, skip and a jump from the Westgate and Tullamarine freeways based in Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne. We have 2 bus stops downstairs and a tram not so far away.
You will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, with proven experience in network hardware (Cisco/CCNA, Juniper/JNCIA, Citrix, LifeRay) and troubleshooting network issues. You will have demonstrable planning and time management skills. Your ability to communicate at all levels is key.
Working collaboratively across teams will be second nature to you, as will the ability to identify areas for improvement and find solutions to problems. You will be customer service oriented and passionate about contributing to a high performance culture. Our aim is to provide a world class experience to our customers through our professional, timely and efficient service standards.
A tertiary qualification in computer science (or the equivalent experience) is required.
From a technical perspective you will have excellent knowledge of:
- Network Hardware (CISCO, JUNIPER, CITRIX, LifeRay)
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Proven experience in development, and implementation of systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Experience in ticketing systems (Jira or similar)
- Experience in Monitoring systems (Nagios, ZABBIX)
Highly regarded would be experience with CheckPoint.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with unrestricted and unlimited work rights. A National Police Check is also required.
How did we do?
If this job sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Please note this is a previously advertised position. If you have already applied please don’t reapply.
Agencies, we've got this one for now. Please refrain from contacting us.
Applications close: Tuesday 28 January 2020 at 5pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a network engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's the highest level of Cisco routing and switching certification that you have completed?