Field Technical Officer
Advertiser: Australian Grain Technologies (AGT)More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2020
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Agronomy & Farm Services
Australian Grain Technologies (AGT) is a leading field crop breeding company with an established brand and market leading varieties.
AGT is a great place to work and grow your career. Talented employees are the key to our success. We recognise and reward performance and provide training and growth opportunities for high performing individuals. Our culture and grower benefit focus makes AGT a desirable employer in the agricultural industry.
About the role
In this role, you will be working as part of a highly motivated team conducting agricultural research in the field based at our facility in Narrabri, New South Wales. You will be working as part of a specialised team on all aspects of conducting field research to support the breeding programs. Experience in this type of work is desirable but not essential, as full on the job training can be provided for the right candidate.
We are looking for hardworking and friendly personable applicants with a “can do” attitude. You will need to be able to follow instruction and protocols and be happy to ask questions when you do not understand or need more information. Showing initiative is valued as is excellent communication skills, eye for detail, problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Responsibilities may include
- Seeding and harvesting of field trials using state of the art trial equipment
- Sample handling, cleaning and packing for field experiments
- Field experiments
- Maintenance and modifications to research equipment
- Heavy vehicles driving licence
- Mechanical/fabrication aptitude
- Australian Chemical Users Permit
- Forklift licence
- Microsoft Office skills
We require resourceful applicants who are able to undertake physically strenuous outdoors work. Intra and interstate travel is a requirement of this role. If you have a broad range of agricultural skills or have an aptitude and willingness to learn then this may be the ideal role for you.
Submit your application by clicking the 'Apply' button
For further information about AGT please visit our website www.agtbreeding.com.au
Closing date for applications is 31 January 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)