Safety & Wellbeing Manager
Advertiser: Hilton Foods AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Occupational Health & Safety
Hilton Foods Australia is part of the Hilton Food Group based in the UK, with meat manufacturing plants throughout the UK, Western & Central Europe and Australia.
Hilton is a dynamic & progressive business with a strong reputation for quality & innovation within the fresh food industry.
Hilton invests heavily in all its facilities to maintain the state of the art levels required to service its customers' growth. We progressively extend the range of products supplied to customers, deliver first class service levels & continually increase production efficiency. Hilton continues to grow through additional volumes and close cooperation with our retail partners.
Hilton Foods Australia has a long term partnership with Woolworths Limited, to supply Woolworths Supermarkets with packaged and value-added meat product. Working together, we focus on strengthening our world class meat offer in Australia, by delivering affordable, innovative and convenient protein choices to customers.
Here's a taste of what you’ll be doing
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Safety & Wellbeing Manager to join the HFA Team! Based at our Truganina Facility, you will be responsible for providing all levels of Management with strategic, technical operational Safety and Wellbeing support/oversight, and drive the integration of the Hilton Foods Australia Safety and Wellbeing Strategy into the facility. The role reports to the Head of Safety & Wellbeing and works closely with the Senior Leadership Team, and includes the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of strategies to minimise workplace risk
- Oversee the Return to Work and Injury Management function and activities for the plant
- Supervise, guide and support team members in the application of the Safety Management System for Hilton Foods Australia
- Drive the development of innovative solutions to optimise the Safety and Wellbeing Performance across the plant
- Provide oversight and support in plant transport related safety issues and activities and align with strategical direction
- Supply advice that supports continuous Safety and Wellbeing improvement within the plant
- Lead the Safety and Wellbeing regulatory issues and provide advice and oversight
- Interpret Local/National safety legislation, provide managers input and advice on how best to meet relevant requirements
- Administer 'best practice' Safety change management principles within the plant
- Lead Safety and Wellbeing related initiatives
- Oversee site common law and 3rd party workers compensation claims
- Provide direction and subject matter expertise for the implementation of Safety and Wellbeing related training.
- Liaise, where appropriate, with equipment/service providers applicable to Safety and Wellbeing on specific programs or systems
- Understand drivers of injuries and related workers compensation costs, with the aim of continuous improvement
- Manage site allocated Safety & Wellbeing budget
The ingredients for success
- Tertiary qualification in Safety and/or related discipline
- Food manufacturing experience is highly regarded
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in site or Safety role
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of Safety Management Systems
- Training, presentation, coaching and facilitation skills
What’s on Offer
Hilton Foods is a fast paced, constantly changing business that focuses on your talents and challenges you to perform at your best. As a team, we are bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to delight our customers.
We look for energetic people who can hit the ground running, devour new challenges, and generate innovative ideas with passion and enthusiasm!
The pace of our business has made it a gathering place for passionate and talented people. In this environment, team members draw the motivation, focus, determination and personal growth required to achieve more, faster!
If this is the role for you, please submit a cover letter and resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?