Sampling Officer - Herd Testing
Advertiser: Herd Improvement Co-operative Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2020
- Bairnsdale & Gippsland
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Agronomy & Farm Services
Hico requires the services of a Sampling Officer to join the team based in South Gippsland, Victoria.
Hico is a Victorian based Herd Improvement Co-operative with offices across Gippsland and Western Victoria. Working within the dairy industry Hico delivers a broad range of products and services to assist its shareholders in maintaining their dairy herd's profitability while developing herd improvement, productivity, profitability and time and labour saving initiatives.
What you do
In this role the Sampling Officer plays a critical part in the herd test department within Hico. While being at the forefront of the organisation, the sampling officer role conducts herd testing on farms using Electronic Milk Meters and data handlers during milking times. You will work closely with other departments in the company, including the laboratory staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in customer service 'people skills'
- Knowledge of the dairy industry
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent record keeping
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full Australian drivers licence.
- Experience driving manual cars.
- Availability to work split shifts from time to time.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Setup Electronic Milk Meters in dairy
- Conduct sampling procedure during milking.
- Organise timetables in conjunction with the Herd Testing Supervisor
- Deliver & pick up herd testing equipment to farms.
- Obtain herd data from clients and provide to data processors.
- Cleaning of equipment upon completion of each test including maintenance of equipment and regular meter testings.
- Attending training programs and meetings as required.
The successful applicant will need to be able to work Monday to Friday with variable starting and finishing times. You will sometimes be required to work split shifts.
You will report to: Robyn McLean - Herd Test Supervisor
Your application must contain the following:
- A Cover Letter detailing why you think this is the perfect job for you.
- Your Resume detailing your full work history and qualifications and three referees.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?