Home & Lifestyle Content Lead
Advertiser: CANSTARMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Canstar is all about helping people confidently make the right financial decisions for them. While it’s a simple goal, achieving it involves dynamic collaboration between diverse teams of people, each one integral to the overall results.
We’re on the look out for an experienced Content Producer with a passion for home and lifestyle related content to join the growing Canstar Blue Editorial team.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, Canstar Blue, the Home & Lifestyle Content Lead is tasked with managing and improving the content strategy of the high-traffic appliances and home & garden verticals on the Canstar Blue website. The Home & Lifestyle Content Lead will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and Canstar Blue commercial team to optimise existing content and play a leading role in the strategic growth of the verticals. This includes seeking out new content opportunities and liaising with clients, industry and media to ensure that Canstar Blue is a leading source of information and commentary for all things home & lifestyle.
What Canstar offers
- Supportive and flexible working environment
- Birthday leave
- Free breakfast and fresh fruit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly massages
- Fun social club and company culture
- Training and development opportunities in areas that matter to you
What you will be doing
- Write new and engaging content for appliances and home & garden verticals
- Manage and maintain existing high-traffic content with regular updates and fact checks
- Manage pricing updates and established compliance requirements
- Manage report writing process to ensure publication deadlines are met
- Source and produce daily news content when required
- Collaborate with members of the wider Canstar Blue team on all content related tasks
- Build and maintain list of industry and media contacts to assist with the identification and action of PR opportunities
- Work with clients and industry to develop greater working relationships and industry knowledge
What you need to bring to the role
- 2+ years relevant experience working in content production or journalism
- Degree qualification in Journalism, Communications, English or other relevant fields
- Experience with Google Analytics or other traffic insight tools
- A record of published content from reputable sources
- Experience dealing with the media and writing news content will also be an advantage
- A good knowledge of best-practice SEO and content optimisation is also desired
What will give you the extra edge
- A passion for home and lifestyle related content. Do you get Excited by new household products, services and innovations?
- The ability to spot a great story before anyone else does
How can you join our team
If this sounds like you, and you are up for a fresh challenge with a great company, please click apply now and ensure that your CV and cover letter has been uploaded to your profile.
Please contact Emily Conaghan via email@example.com for general enquiries.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?