Commercial Managers - Multiple Roles
Advertiser: Providence Consulting GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Other
Take the next step in your Procurement and Contract Management career and work with major Government, Defence and Corporate agencies.
Providence has a range of roles available for Procurement and Contract Managers. We deliver end to end consultancy services to Government and corporate organisations and you will have the opportunity to be part of a solutions-oriented team making a difference within important and interesting projects.
Depending on level these roles may be required to:
- Formulate direction and advice, manage change, and lead and influence both internal and external stakeholders in procurement and contract management.;
- Establish best practice in procurement or contract management processes, policies and procedures within an organisation.;
- Support projects through contractual negotiations, risks and issues.
- Manage complex procurement in a Government environment;
- Undertake financial analysis and/or develop costing models related to the procurement activity;
- Achieve project outcomes by using highly developed communication, negotiation, persuasion and interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with project stakeholders, staff and other contractors at all levels;
The ideal candidate (dependent on level) will have:
- Experience working as a practising contracts or procurement specialist
- Ability to work under broad direction, and self-driven to achieve procurement and contractual outcomes.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understand the relationship between the project or initiative and its contractual or procurement objectives within the wider business context.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Baseline Security Clearance (or ability to obtain)
- Qualifications in procurement and/or contracts management or a related discipline (desirable)
- Consulting experience (desirable) – if not, we can teach you what it takes
- Defence experience, or knowledge of Defence processes (desirable)
Providence is committed to establishing themselves as an employer of choice by supporting and engaging their people. You will have access to a comprehensive professional development program and ongoing activities to maintain learning and growth. We aim to work hard and have fun within an inclusive and dynamic environment.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience and skills would be suited to the role. For further information regarding these positions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruitment for these positions will commence immediately.
You must be an Australian citizen and will possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a minimum Baseline security clearance or above.
Providence is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.