Bookkeeper / Accountant Part TimePrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting
About the business and the role
An exciting opportunity has landed for a switched on, experienced bookkeeper / accountant to come on board our growing interior design + construction company. We need a Part time, hands-on, highly organised problem solver who can assist with the accounting management of the day-to-day operations.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- All Accounts receivable and accounts payable (including overseas suppliers)
- Payroll and superannuation (fortnightly), commissions calculations, leave management, etc.
- Setting up payments through online banking
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly Financial Reporting including budget forecasts, cash flow reports P & L Statements
- BAS reporting
- Preparation for annual audits, assisting external accountant with queries
- General administrative support (post, bank etc)
- Handle incoming accounts enquiries
- Other duties as required
Skills and experience
- Formal Accounting Qualifications; Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred
- 3 years bookkeeping / accounting experience
- High level of experience in MYOB is essential
- Highly developed financial administration skills across all aspects of accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and tax.
- To be detail oriented, with high accuracy and logic understanding of the processes
- Strong Excel knowledge (preferably advanced) and other Microsoft Office skills
- The ability to multitask and work across various demands at any given time, high attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills and strong ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbally and written) skills
- A proactive attitude.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident to apply
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?