Advertiser: OpenLegalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Corporate & Commercial Law
Seeking a strong commercial lawyer with a drive for client service, excited to join a legal startup.
- Experience: 2 years+ admission
- Passion: for NewLaw
- Inspired: to be a core team member in a legal startup
- Communication: public speaking & presentation skills
- Legal Muscles: commercial / business law, contract drafting, IP / trademarking
- Service: ability to provide clients with an incredible service experience, always going above and beyond
OpenLegal is not a traditional law firm. We don’t bill by the hour, we love technology, and we move fast. Most of all, we are relentless in our quest to make legal knowledge and services accessible to all businesses.
We build our own technology, and have the culture and hustle of a startup.
Our clients are small and medium level businesses, and our focus is on providing efficient, cost-effective and high quality legal services.
We provide an accessible and open customer experience, and are motivated by disrupting the way legal services have traditionally been provided.
We are passionate adherents to the NewLaw approach to legal.
We are looking for a technically proficient commercial / business lawyer with a drive for client service, who is keen to work as an evangelist in building our firm and presence. Attitude and passion is key.
As a freshly minted startup, we are seeking an all rounder who can provide effective legal work, onboard new clients and matters, and help build the firm's reputation.
You will be working across a broad range of commercial issues, including company formation, corporate structuring, commercial contract reviews and drafting, intellectual property, and technology law.
We will be looking for these skills:
- Ability to communicate in clear, plain language
- Ability to articulate, and provide direct advice
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to generally problem-solve
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation / public speaking skills
- Ability to work autonomously without excessive supervision, and directly with clients
- Love helping clients and providing them with an exceptional service experience
- Understanding of the commercial relevance of legal issues to clients needs and business
- Positive attitude
This is an opportunity to build a legal career, working for interesting clients, making a real difference to the way legal services are provided, while being set free from the drudge of billable hours, micromanagement and hierarchy.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role or for more information and a confidential chat, please contact Ezra (email@example.com) or apply via Seek.