Accounts Receivable Collections Officer
Advertiser: Holiday Trading & CoMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Credit Control
Join HOLIDAY on exciting NEW Career & fashionable NEW Adventure!
Holiday Trading & Co is an Adelaide based Global Fashion & Lifestyle Brand, wholesaling absolutely everything from – Gorgeous forward fashion through to must have beautiful homewares. Holiday always gets their inspiration from their home town’s cool coastal lifestyle vibe. It’s evident in all of its ranges and numerous product categories.
We're a company committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, providing an environment that is safe, pleasant and harmonious, encouraging open and effective communication between all levels and offering employment that is secure and satisfying.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer/Internal Accountant, this position will be responsible for keeping up-to-date account records and ensuring the smooth running of the accounts receivable function. Your proven experience in accounting and financial support will further contribute to the already effective, high performing team.
We are looking for someone with a proven record in collection of overdue debts along with high level reconciling skills and an outgoing, positive, professional approach to collections.
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITY
You will be responsible for monitoring and processing accounting services with your daily tasks including the following;
- Contact wholesale customers via phone and email to secure payments within agreed payment terms
- Management of a sizeable ledger
- Processing of new customer account applications
- Ensure daily cash and debtor targets are met
- Escalate accounts to sales team and credit manager if payments are not being made
- Negotiate payment plans for debtors in financial difficulty
- Resolving client payment queries
- Assisting with debtor follow up
- Issuing credit requests to the claims team and follow up claim until complete
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure proper management of debt
- Escalate any disputes
- Sending of monthly statements
- Ensure accurate posting of customer receipts to accounting systems
- Maintain proper records of customer contacts and notes of conversation
- Monitoring customer credit limits & applying for credit insurance where necessary
- Payment balances are reconciled against client’s statements
- Monitoring orders on hold to ensure shipment only to customers within terms
- Support team members
- Assisting in the daily receipting of debtor payments
- Statement reconciliation and liaising with clients
OUR IDEAL PERSON!
To be successful in this role you will need to have;
- 5 years experience in Accounts Receivable/Collections Officer
- Proven experience in full function accounts receivable role
- Computer savvy, have Intermediate Excel skills and an understanding of MYOB and MS Office
- Experience in keeping aged debtors to a minimum and within management targets
- Highly accurate data entry skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem/solving skills
- Ability to quickly change priorities and handle competing objectives
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company
- Have the ability to show initiative and use common sense and use your exceptional communication skills at all times – written & verbal
- Professional manner and friendly & flexible attitude
Additionally, you will;
- Be a confident and effective communicator
- Be an independent self-starter who appreciates working in a team environment
- Possess a professional and decisive attitude with the ability to work under pressure
- Have strong numeracy skills
- Will be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong relation with internal and external stake holders
Sounds perfect… don’t delay your application!
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?