- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2020
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Client & Sales Administration
Sadleirs is a diverse and historic industry leader specialising in Logistics, Global Freight and Packaging. We have expanded our infrastructure and services to become one of Australia’s most trusted brands.
Our origins in a ‘customer-first’ attitude, along with a dedicated team of the industry’s leading professionals, ensures we maintain all the qualities and values of our long-standing business.
About this Opportunity
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivator and a great achiever with a can do attitude to join our team in Sydney. If you are passionate about Customer Service, we would love to hear from you.
This position will serve as a primary contact point for our customers. You will be required to maintain a high level of customer service between existing / prospective customers and the company, including taking sales enquiries and to provide administrative support to the Sales and Business Development Team.
- Manage customer service enquiries via telephone/email including freight rates, space availability and general freight enquiries;
- Provide quotes, both indicative and actual in writing;
- Maintain accurate records of all quotes provided;
- Promote on-forwarding rates for the existing client base, and to generally promote the East/West service offered by the Company;
- Prepare portfolios and folders for Sales and BD Managers;
- Send out application pack via email, including applicant information sheet, guarantee form and acceptance of company terms and conditions;
- Review returned applications, provide commentary and send to Accountant for necessary checks;
- Provide information on freight tracking;
- Provide pre-knowledge of likely major freight requirements to Operations Supervisors;
- Update depot managers with sales policy changes and provide administrative assistance with quotes, rates, etc.;
- Assist the team with follow up of outstanding payments with particular reference to clients who are querying rates or prices;
- Raise credit notes for approval;
- Provide customer service related alerts to customers and;
- General Customer Service & Sales Support duties.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with operational sales in the transport and logistics industry. (highly regarded);
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills;
- Strong teamwork and excellent communication skills both written & verbal;
- Ability to develop and build collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and;
- Be adaptable & flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Competitive remuneration
- Learning and development programs
- A positive team environment
- Free onsite parking
- Entertainment book membership
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply’ now and submit your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your previous experience and achievements.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet with requested criteria will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our group HR team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a sales administrator?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?