Junior Commercial Litigation and Insolvency Lawyer
Advertiser: Murdoch LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Mar 2020
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Do you want the opportunity to launch your commercial litigation legal career with one of Toowoomba’s most reputable law firms? If you have established yourself as a strong young lawyer and want to continue to learn and make the most of your talents, consider this role!
The position on offer to the right candidate is full time, in a dynamic and leading regional law firm, being mentored by and working closely alongside a Queensland Law Society accredited specialist in commercial litigation.
Are you the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 to 3 years PAE within Australia with experience in commercial litigation, insolvency (corporate and personal), and debt recovery;
- Strong technical experience;
- The ability to establish and maintain client relationships and cross-selling;
- A desire to build your business development skills in both new client acquisition and file management;
- High performance skills – excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, knowledge of the law and a demonstrated ability to consistently achieve or exceed goals;
- Accountability – and be able to work independently on files, as well as under supervision;
- A proven track record – a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple files, and participate in business development, intellectual property and process improvement projects;
- A love of the law – a desire to continue to learn and to pursue a successful career in the law;
- The ability to fit within the firm’s culture – be a nice person who gets on well with others and is pleasant to work with.
Depending on the successful candidate the annual salary range is between $50,000 and $70,000 plus superannuation.
We are a successful and leading law firm based in Toowoomba, with offices also in Brisbane City and Sandgate, and have been operating since 1995.
At Murdoch Lawyers our people enjoy a culture that promotes professional and personal growth while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Our team enjoy benefits such as career development, skills development and health and well-being programs and regular social events.
Each practice area within the firm is led by a QLS accredited specialist. Our view is that by specialising and adopting a commercial and practical approach to client’s issues, we can deliver the best legal advice to our clients, quicker and more cost-effectively than our competitors.
We are continually looking at expansion opportunities and new ways of doing law.
- Committed: self-motivated, dedicated and accountable
- Honesty: necessary for effective communication, teamwork and excellent service delivery
- Respect: a passion for treating everyone with respect, regardless of who they are or the position they hold
- Empathy – patience and openness to best understand the behaviours, needs and social environment of others
- Continuous Improvement – pursue high-quality results in our work and relationships
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a lawyer?
- How many years' experience do you have in litigation & dispute resolution law?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?
- What's your expected annual base salary?