Business Development Manager VIC - Beauty Industry
Advertiser: Professional Beauty SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Sales Representatives/Consultants
Business Development Manager VICTORIA
Are you a beauty therapist with business development experience? Do you enjoy hitting the open road, and thrive on building relationships and educating? If you love a challenge and would like to help our salons and clinics succeed beyond their wildest dreams, this could be the role for you!
About the business
Based near beautiful, vibrant Cronulla Beach in Sydney’s south, Professional Beauty Solutions is an innovative, rapidly growing Australian-owned beauty distribution company. Our core target market is salons, spas and clinics, and our stable of 13 brands is constantly growing!
About the opportunity
Working out of Victoria, we’re seeking a motivated and ambitious sales superstar to join our team as Business Development Manager, to drive sales and increase the market share of our range of world-class beauty brands. This is a dynamic and autonomous on-the-road sales position that will suit an independent individual, and centres around building a profitable territory and providing support and training to our extensive network of salon partners.
We’re an ever-growing multi-brand distributor, so this position is an exciting opportunity for someone who’s up for a huge challenge! You’ll need to be a fast learner, capable of developing an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of professional beauty brands, products, and aesthetic devices, in order to sell them to our existing salon, spa, and medi-clinic partners. Of course, you’ll also be expected to generate new business!
While previous experience in a BDM role is essential, full training will be provided and the successful candidate will receive ongoing support from managers and colleagues. Our close-knit team will be on hand to help you find your feet in this role and are always there to support our BDMs in any way we can. We pride ourselves on our culture of open communication, and we have weekly sales team support calls with our BDMs. We encourage input and ideas from every member of the PBS team, and our BDMs are no exception; ideas are always listened to, and often implemented rapidly!
About the day-to-day
Key tasks and responsibilities will include (but of course, aren’t limited to):
- Management and growth of existing account portfolio.
- New business development.
- Lead management, working with warm leads only including in-salon product demonstrations.
- Coaching existing salon partners to grow their profitability.
- Classroom, college and in-salon training.
- Effective management of call cycles.
- Participation in beauty expos and various education seminars/conferences throughout the year.
- Daily reporting of all activities.
- You’re a certified beauty therapist who holds a Diploma of Beauty Therapy.
- You have prior Business Development Manager experience, preferably working with cosmeceutical skincare and peels.
- You have a proven track record in field sales and expanding a customer base by providing outstanding service, and you’ve built strong relationships within the beauty industry.
- Experience working with, selling and training professional aesthetic devices e.g - LED, laser, IPL, RF and microneedling (not essential, but highly regarded).
- You’re highly driven, ambitious, motivated, organized, and experienced at following a call cycle.
- You have experience travelling and working in regional Victoria.
- You’re a confident public speaker, able to provide in-salon, classroom and college training.
- You possess the patience, understanding, skills and emotional intelligence required to develop and manage existing client relationships.
- You have a proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets in a similar role.
- You’re willing and able to pro-actively seek new business opportunities.
- You’re a people person who has exceptional communication and time management skills.
- You’re diligent, conscientious and enjoy working autonomously.
- You have a positive, enthusiastic, 'can-do' attitude.
- You love all things beauty and take pride in your appearance and personal grooming.
- You have an excellent work ethic and a true desire to help salon owners succeed and grow our company.
- You’re willing to travel and own a reliable car.
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting and challenging role in a successful, fast-growing, family-run business with hands-on Directors.
- A lucrative commission structure and amazing incentives!
- Continued growth through ongoing training and support and an extensive range of resources and systems to assist you in growing your territory and meeting your KPIs.
- Generous staff discounts on beauty products from 13 world-class makeup, tanning and skincare brands!
- The variety and diversity that comes with working for a leading beauty distributor with a wide range of world-class brands.
- The chance to work alongside hardworking and inspiring sales people!
- The opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on a positive and supportive work culture, and a team that values fun, growth, honesty and integrity.
- The chance to see your amazing, innovative ideas come to life and have your expertise and achievements recognised by the company's Directors.
If you’re passionate about transforming people’s skin, love helping salons become the most profitable and successful in the industry, and want to work with some of the best products in the biz (and for one of Australia’s fastest growing beauty distributors), we’d love to hear from you!
Together with your CV, apply via SEEK with a personalised cover letter telling us why you’re the superstar we’re looking for.
If you’re successful in progressing to the next stage of recruitment, you’ll be asked to fill out a short questionnaire via email before proceeding to the interview stage.
Due to the high number of applications we expect to receive, please note that only shortlisted applicants will receive a response.
N.B – As this is an on-the-road role, the successful applicant will need to own a reliable car.
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your highest level of education?