Advertiser: Snowy Monaro Regional CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2020
- Tumut, Snowy & Monaro
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Plant & Machinery Operators
The Construction Worker will work efficiently and effectively as a part of a team across various departments within Council. The successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out all duties with road construction and maintenance.
There are several positions being offered in a Full Time capacity across several locations in the Snowy Monaro LGA. This would be an ideal opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated candidates who are hardworking and looking for the perfect work life balance and a strong career path.
The Construction Worker will report into the Supervisor, responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Operate assigned plant and carry out labouring duties in the maintenance and construction of roads, footpaths, drainage, concrete works, bitumen patching and road sides
- Minor plant operations including but not limited to line markers, hoists, elevated work platforms, trucks, tractors, mowers, slasher, edger’s and brush cutters.
- Ensure the safety of staff and public through the appropriate use of safety equipment and clothing in accordance with relevant safety standards and Council procedures.
- Traffic Control at Work sites
- Participate in Tool box talks
- Unrestricted (MR) Medium Rigid Drivers Licence
- Traffic Control tickets would be highly regarded
- NSW White Card (Construction Induction Card) would be highly regarded
- Ability to manually lift and carry out labouring and maintenance repairs
- 9 day fortnight
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Start a solid career path
Applications close Monday 27 January 2020