- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2020
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
- Work for Victoria’s leading animal welfare charity and help us end cruelty to all animals
- Opportunity to join our Warrnambool animal care team and work as part of a dedicated team
- Permanent part-time position
About the RSPCA
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to end cruelty to all animals. Our purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, animal care and protection. We achieve this by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across Victoria we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an environment that is underpinned by our values: respect, consideration, clarity, accountability, expertise and collaboration.
About the role
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our team as an Animal Attendant on a permanent part-time basis at RSPCA Warrnambool, working a minimum of 50 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day to day care for shelter animals and excellent customer service to members of the public.
This diverse and interesting role will provide you with the following responsibilities and duties:
- Contribute to the daily management of animals of any species and across all parts of the shelter in a professional and caring manner, including transporting animals as required.
- Observing, documenting and reporting health and behaviour concerns of animals in our care, and supporting Veterinarians when required.
- Providing a high level of service to customers in the adoption, surrender and reclaiming of animals to enhance the reputation of RSPCA Victoria within the local community.
- Ensure all necessary documentation relating to the management of animals are recorded accurately and in accordance with RSPCA Victoria procedures and timeframes.
Please note, you will be required to work over a rotating roster, which includes weekends and public holidays.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in an animal care role is highly desirable, including basic knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour, disease recognition and safe handling.
- Experience working in retail and customer service.
- Interest in or experience in animal behaviour is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and motivation towards tasks.
- Must be willing to work across all areas of the shelter.
- Positive team member and a keen attitude for sharing knowledge and helping others.
- Strong time management skills.
- Basic computer skills.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Applicants will be required to work over a rotating roster which includes weekends and public holidays as required.
- Holds or is willing to complete a Certificate II in Animal Studies (or equivalent) will be highly regarded.
- Position also required a valid Victorian Driver’s License and current tetanus vaccination
How to Apply
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated and passionate team making a difference to animals in need. If you believe you can make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals then please visit the advertisement for this position on our website at http://www.rspcavic.org to download the position description (top right-hand corner) and to apply online with your CV and supporting cover letter as soon as possible.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Tracey Scott, Animal Care Supervisor, on 5561 2591.
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Applications close Midnight on 26 January 2020.
Previous applicants are encouraged to apply.