- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Other
We are the MJH Group
Are you looking for a new challenge with a company that can offer you future career opportunities? With a solid reputation in the building industry and backed by 30 years of experience, a position at McDonald Jones Homes could be the next big step in your career.
McDonald Jones has set the bar in innovation and quality craftsmanship in new home building in Australia, earning us recognition as the HIA Hunter Region Professional Major Builder of the Year for five years running. We have grown from a vision to a team of more than 730 employees working together to bring to life our architecturally designed homes across metropolitan and regional NSW, the ACT and surrounds. Despite our growth, our ethos has remained the same – we treat each other like family and our customers like guests, dedicating our time, knowledge and skills to ensure that our customers enjoy an unbeatable service, from start to finish.
An opportunity currently exists for an experienced and driven Production Draftsperson to join our team based in Sydney.
The role of Production Draftsperson is responsible for:-
- Production of sales plans for building design consultants;
- Production of full working drawings for developer and council approval;
- Ensuring compliance with necessary developer guidelines, planning controls and council requirements;
- Preparation of construction level drawings including necessary variations;
- Liaising with building design consultants, supervisors, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Abiding by company processes and systems;
- Managing workflow, participating in meetings and reporting to Senior Draftsperson
Applicants Key Assets
You will have at least 2 – 5 years previous experience in drafting working on residential construction projects, you must be proficient in ArciCAD and maintain the ability to work in a team environment. Interpreting drawings is crucial as is your exceptional eye for detail, excellent customer service and your strong and effective communication skills.
We are passionate about what we do, and people have always been at the heart of our company, making us what we are today. Our values are something that we live by and are carried out in the way we treat each other, our customers and our work. Excellence and achieving results is something we strive for every day, and we put in the extra mile whenever it is required, but we all have fun along the way. If you are a highly motivated and driven individual up for the challenge of working for an industry leader, you will fit right in.
How to apply
If you are enthusiastic and well organised and want to be part of this successful and growing team, please click on the “Apply” button below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?