Administration Assistant : Allied Health
Advertiser: Inner Wisdom GuidanceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2020
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Administration Assistant : Allied Health/Medical
A successful Clinical Psychologist Practice in the Sunshine Coast is seeking the support of an experienced, motivated and self starting Administrative Assistant.
This private practice offers Clinical Psychology and Allied Health services from a professional practice in Currimundi on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. The practice offers individualised psychotherapy, health services and small group services.
The Administration role includes reception duties with a focus on providing exceptional customer service, necessitating effective communication, utilising face to face, phone, Power diary, (or similar), Calendars and Social Media. The roles core purpose is to organise appointments, including proactively managing waitlists to fill cancellations, manage Medicare and EFTPOS payments, Liaise with GP’s and other referrers , type and prepare GP letters and referral communication with an awareness of psychological language and the needs of our clients.
The role also includes balancing Medicare and MYOB monthly statements and the opportunity to develop social media (Facebook and Website) and work across many areas of the business. Experience with medical systems (including Medicare, and associated programs such as Medical Objects, Power Diary) is essential and use of basic Microsoft programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and basic computer skills a necessity. Competency with office equipment fax, photocopier, eftpos, phones and computers is required.
The Administration Assistant will be a loyal, committed, responsible individual, seeking long term tenure and prepared to work flexibly, utilising a range of skills, multitasking and taking initiative to ensure ongoing success for the whole practice. The position is suited to a caring, spiritual being who has tolerance and understanding for those experiencing Anxiety and Mental Health challenges. Maturity, Flexibility, and a willingness to pro-actively promote the practice and support our clients is essential.
To be successful, you will enjoy a busy, multi-tasking day, and pro-actively look for activities to complete when not interacting with clients. We are seeking a capable and experienced administrator, a self-starter who is respectful of client and practitioner confidentiality with excellent interpersonal skills and is prepared to look after the clinician and the practice in all aspects.
• Prior experience in a Medical/Allied Health practice (this is critical)
• Psychology or Allied Health experience is valuable and preferred : a Psychology or Allied Health student willing to learn and apply practice will be considered.
• Experience with Medical Practice software : Practice Software, Medical Objects, Medicare.
• Microsoft Word and PowerPoint• Social media – Facebook (Business) and managing Web site content
Experience working with multiple practitioners in a busy practice is preferred.
• Office equipment and Computer literacy is essential
• Preparation of diaries, calendars, booking group sessions
• Light maintenance duties ensuring a clean and professional practice.
• You will comply with Health and Safety requirements
• Additional training and professional development will be provided.
Skills and Abilities
• Work autonomously : self motivation and a desire for the practice to be successful is critical.
• Maintain patient and practitioner confidentiality
• Attention to detail, with preparedness to take initiative and be part of a team.
• Care and consideration for our clients
Previous experience in a customer facing role is critical, and only those applicants with experience, or currently studying in a related discipline, need apply. If you do not have experience, or are not studying/qualified in an related Allied Health field then please do not apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?