Head of Product Development
Advertiser: OncoRes MedicalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Management
Want to join an exciting and award-winning medical device start-up and make a real difference to patients? OncoRes Medical, a Perth, WA based medical device company is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to lead all Product Development. As Head of Product Development, you will be an integral member of the leadership team, providing strategic direction, day-to-day leadership and take responsibility for all the company’s product development activities.
OncoRes Medical is an award-winning medical device company, developing novel intra-operative devices to support cancer surgery, initially in breast conservation surgery. Our mission is to improve patient outcomes in oncology, by helping and supporting these awesome surgeons to identify and more effectively remove tumour. OncoRes was founded by leading researchers at the University of Western Australia, the Harry Perkins Institute and a leading WA breast cancer surgeon. Led by Dr Kath Giles, CEO, OncoRes has made great strides in its short life since it was founded in late 2016, OncoRes was recognised at the AusBiotech and Johnson & Johnson Innovation Industry Excellence 'Emerging Company of the Year' Award, recently won a Tech 23 award and was globally recognised as the MedTech Innovator Value Award at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati’s 27th Annual Medical Device Conference in Los Angeles.
If you have skills, passion and ambition, we want to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com for further information.
The Head of Product Development will provide the leadership, strategic direction and visibility for the product development of the company and will oversee its day-to-day product development operations. Working with the CEO of the company for guidance, the Head of Product Development will ensure that the Company’s products are developed to meet the changing needs and interests of the customers and comply with all national and international regulations, consistent with the Company’s strategic plan and commercial objectives. The Head of Product Development is an integral member of the senior management team and assists with strategic business planning/execution, product innovations sub-contractor and supplier co-ordination, and customer feedback.
About OncoRes Medical
OncoRes Medical is a Western Australian based medical device company developing intra-operative devices to support cancer surgeons and improve patient outcomes in oncology. OncoRes is focused on developing an intra-operative imaging probe, initially for Breast Cancer Surgeons. This probe uses multiple, proprietary imaging techniques to translate the Surgeon’s sense of touch into a microscale image, with the goal of improving surgical accuracy and reducing the re-excision rate associated with Breast Conserving Surgery.
OncoRes partners with leading researchers at The University of Western Australia, the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research, Breast Cancer Surgeons from the Western Australian Department of Health, and key opinion leaders from around the world.
Vision, Leadership, Advocacy and Marketing
- Provide leadership to the company’s staff in research and development, and work closely with regulatory affairs and quality assurance, manufacturing, distribution, and sales and marketing efforts while driving innovations to expand the intellectual property and the product portfolio.
- Day-to-day leadership and responsibility for all of the company’s product development operations, including product development partners, to ensure final products meet requirements and are delivered on-time, within budget and to high standards.
- Develop human resources and build a team that uses best practice in medical device product development and ensures the Company responds to market developments and challenges in an effective manner.
- A minimum of fifteen years of medical device product development experience, preferably in a Class III medical device environment and with experience of bringing new products to market in the US.
- Engineering qualified with biomedical or science exposure.
- Extensive experience in full lifecycle product development, including systems, hardware, software, mechanical engineering, industrial design, and usability.
- Deep insight and understanding of IEC60601-1 and all appropriate collateral standards.
- Thorough understanding of risk-based development, including ISO14971.
- Extensive experience working in an FDA QSR, ISO13485, and Eu MDD and MDR environment.
- Experience using electronic document and quality management systems.
- Design for Manufacturability (DFX) experience.
- Motivated by leading and developing products that delight customers.
- Direct management responsibility for large-scale initiatives involving significant dollar amounts and implications, a team, and many diverse stakeholder groups.
- Proven leadership and team building skills. Ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals and to motivate groups and individuals.
- Proven presentation, negotiation and selling skills. Ability to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
- Strong project management skills. Easily balances competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to rapidly process and comprehend large amounts of detailed information consider the implications and consequences of new facts and make decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to be articulate, concise, compelling and diplomatic.
- An MBA is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in a start-up environment is preferred but not essential
Competitive market salary and participation in Employee Share Option Plan
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?