System Administrators, Engineers and Consultants
Advertiser: oobe pty ltdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
For well over a decade, oobe has been connecting people and their devices with the apps and data they need to be productive from wherever, whenever. Today, with an ever-increasing emphasis on cloud, data and "the cyber", we're helping our customers navigate the complexity of new technologies through a combination of disruption and innovation. It seems to be working because we're growing rapidly, which is why we're seeking candidates to fill several consultancy positions across various Microsoft practices within our company.
About the role
Microsoft consultants will have a broad range of responsibilities ranging from designing new and unique solutions, building and implementation activities, and administering and managing systems. Ideally, you will have skills/exposure across various Microsoft technologies, and have sound writing abilities to assist with documentation and workshops. If we ever need to really crank the delivery engine, you would also be able to assist other oobe team members with delivery tasks (e.g. build and configuration, documentation and other management activities).
Main duties and responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Prepare designs for Microsoft based solutions.
- Build, configure and implement Microsoft based solutions.
- Prepare and deliver As Built As Configured and Standard Operating Procedures, and conduct Skills Transfer with our clients.
- Prepare security related documentation under the guidance of oobe’s Security practice.
- Work closely with other oobe team members to deliver quality outcomes to our clients.
- Leverage oobe’s vendor networks to assist with design, configuration and remediation activities based on best practises.
- Continuous improvement and iteration of technical processes, tools and reporting.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and best practices for technology areas that you’re interested in.
- Assist with managing client expectations with oobe’s Project Management team.
- When required and dependant on your skillset, participate in the creation of new products and solutions by being a member of a cross-functional team.
- Assist with preparing statements of work, user guides (e.g. FAQs), release notes, etc.
Key skills and experience
- You will have experience with enterprise Microsoft technologies/services. Any experience in the following is ideal, but not mandatory:
- Azure Core Services (e.g. Networking, Identity, Security and/or Policy/Governance)
- Azure PaaS (e.g. Data Factory, Data Bricks, SQL MI)
- Office 365
- Enterprise Mobility + Security (e.g. Intune, AIP, MCAS)
- System Center product suite (e.g. SCCM or even MDT)
- SOE/MOE lifecycle management
- Application Packaging
- SharePoint, PowerBI and EDRMS
- You will have the capability to integrate into a team environment and work collaboratively to achieve quality outcomes for our clients.
- You will have an understanding of (or able to quickly pick up) the Australian Federal Government Cyber Security requirements when building and maintaining IT solutions.
- You will have strong verbal and written skills and possess the ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role and hold formal IT certification/qualification in Microsoft and/or other valuable vendors.
These positions are based in Canberra and will work predominately for the public sector (e.g. Australian Federal Government). From time to time and as oobe is seen as a market leader in the delivery of Microsoft solutions, consultants will be offered the opportunity to travel interstate to support other clients (e.g. private enterprise) across Australia.
If you’d like to join the team, please provide a cover letter and your most recent resume including references. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position and be able to hold a security clearance (Note: oobe is an AGSVA security sponsor).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?