Deposits and Payments Lead (Maternity Cover)
Advertiser: :86 400More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Product Management & Development
Please note: This is a fixed term contract role from April 2020 to May 2021.
We’re embarking on the worthy ambition to help people with their money in ways not yet seen. You’ll be a key member of the 86 400-team lifting the bar on delivering more value to customers through innovative features and a transparent approach. We’re mobile first and designing for people who embrace digital and want a better customer experience.
You believe genuinely that Australians need to do business with companies that genuinely put customers interests first and you want to be on the frontline of introducing them to it. You’ll be a guru in Product Management with deep experience in transactional banking, savings, term deposits and proven experience driving regulatory change. You get out of bed in the morning excited about designing products, managing product experiences and driving superior customer and commercial outcomes.
This role reports to the Chief Product and Marketing Officer.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME AT 86,400
The Deposits & Payments Lead is responsible for defining and executing the deposits and payments strategy, pricing, balance sheet management and the end to end customer lifecycle management.
- Continuous market scanning and benchmarking keeping across key industry and customer trends to ensure innovation remains a core tenant of the 86 400 proposition
- Set the Deposits & Payments strategy helping 86 400 differentiate from incumbents and acquire the right customers at a faster rate than all competitors
- Own and manage the end to end product lifecycle across payments, transaction, savings and term deposit products, ensuring a consistent experience and outcomes that align to 86 400 strategic priorities
- Manage the end to end risk environment, applying any new regulatory requirements ensuring that customers best interests are always first, complying with all legal and regulatory frameworks
- Manage the day to day balance sheet and profit and loss outcomes ensuring we deliver full value to customers and build a sustainable business that delivers superior returns to shareholders
- Working with the regulator and delivering on our opening banking obligations
- Working closely with technology and the digital product lead to set up our white label business
- Working closely with Marketing you will drive market leading customer acquisition growth
- Contribute to an industry leading cost to income ratio, through automation, reduced wastage and continuous improvement
- Foster a team first outcomes-based culture that is customer obsessed
- Lead and develop a small team of product analysts
WHAT MAKES YOU TICK
- You’ve been working in Product Management for 7+ years, with a proven track record in balance sheet and margin management
- You have a proven track record in delivering above expectation customer, business and team outcomes
- You have a strong working understanding of Product risk frameworks and can manage superior customer and business outcomes within risk tolerance
- You have a history of transforming Product experiences through market leading product design
- You love the operational stuff and understand that the everyday experience is the ticket to the game
- You can navigate your way around pricing and commercial models
- You love payments and have a deep understanding of the current and emerging ecosystems
- You’re a product evangelist and you love taking others on the journey to understand best practice and collaborate on outcomes
- You have a proven knack to engage and drive outcomes on large regulatory driven programs
- You can hustle and find new and inventive ways to make our products go further
- Your studies have provided the foundation for your success with a Business degree under your belt
VALUES. EVERY SECOND
- Customer. Customer. Customer - We put the customer’s best interests at the forefront of everything we do. We believe financial success will follow customer success.
- Agile and Brave - Constantly collaborating in new ways to create something genuinely innovative.
- Value Each Other - We respect everyone’s contribution, embracing a common goal and championing individuality.
- Frank and Authentic - A high performing team who say what we mean and mean what we say to create a strong team culture.
- Show Up - We bring our passion, positivity and sense of fun every day to embrace the challenges of changing the banking game.
If you are looking to look for an innovative company which adds value, then this is the role for you. A competitive package is on offer for the successful candidate.
Please note: No agencies will be accepted in the recruitment of this role. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all candidates for their application. Only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?