- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2020
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Management - Vocational
The Education Officer is based at the Eureka Centre, site of the 1854 Eureka rebellion and home to one of Australia’s most significant artefacts – The Eureka Flag. The position is responsible for the delivery of the popular Eureka Education program that attracts schools from across the country. The position is responsible for the all aspects of the delivery and administration of the Education program, leading a small team of casual Educators through hands-on in the delivery of programs. As part of an agile, adaptable and committed team, the position plays a vital role in the development and presentation of public programs for the general public.
Key Selection Criteria
- Degree in Education, preferably with specialisation in History, Civics, Citizenship or a related discipline relevant to Eureka.
- Demonstrated experience teaching in a classroom environment, museum or similar education setting
- Capacity to develop and deliver public programs to engage diverse communities and stakeholder groups
- Understanding of curriculum standards in primary and secondary education with the ability to develop educational programs linked to educational standards
- Ability to initiate, research, develop and deliver innovative, exciting and engaging education and public programs
- Ability to lead a team in the delivery of program objectives
- Well versed in high technology teaching aids, interactive screens, video etc.
- Ability to take initiative, work creatively and effectively multitask
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
The closing date for this position is midnight Sunday, 26 January 2020.
For further information on this position, please contact Anthony Camm, Manager Eureka Centre, 0400 373 742.