Community Engagement Officer
Advertiser: WestWind Energy Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2020
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
About the business
Located in Gisborne, WestWind Energy's mission is to be a driver of change towards a sustainable energy future for our planet. We do this through the development of cost effective, renewable energy generation and storage solutions refined through technical excellence, commitment to communities, and cohesive company values.
Our high performing team is comprised of engaged and dynamic people who are passionate about our renewable energy projects. To attract, retain and develop great people, we provide genuine flexibility, a culture that supports people to be their best and be themselves, and great opportunities for career development.
About the role
We're looking for a Community Engagement Officer with a proven ability to build rapport and long-term relationships with local communities to join our team on a permanent, part-time basis. This role will suit someone living in or close to the Golden Plains Shire, who is able to work from home, as it will focus on community engagement to support the Golden Plains Wind Farm development. It will involve some travel to our head office in Gisborne. The role will offer flexibility in work hours for the right candidate, starting at 15-20 hours per week, with a view to becoming full time in 2021/2022.
This role reports to the Head of Engagement and is responsible for implementing community consultation programs for our wind farm developments with the aim of developing positive and constructive relationships with landholders, neighbours and the wider community. Key relationships include working with colleagues, landholders, project neighbours, local businesses, local government, and community groups.
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Can-do solution focused attitude
- Ability to work in high paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Professional approach
- Confident manner
- Positive approach to change
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualified, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in community relations and community consultation work
- Proven track record in achieving positive community outcomes
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate and timely records, report writing of engagement feedback summary documents
- Experience in managing social media will be highly regarded
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?