- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- $85,000 - $99,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Account & Relationship Management
About the business
OzHelp is a leading provider of wellbeing programs nationally and specialises in mental health and suicide prevention. OzHelp engages with businesses and workers to:
- optimise their resilience
- increase their willingness and ability to seek support when they need it
- increase their willingness and ability to offer supports to others
OzHelp does this by delivering ground-breaking, online screening and educational tools. This is backed up by real-time supports via phone or face-to-face workplace health and wellbeing awareness, screening and support accessible to workers nation-wide regardless of remoteness.
As a not for profit organization, OzHelp receives its funding from a mix of Federal Government, Territory Government and via fee for service.
About the role
Are you experienced in business development and keen to further your career in a strong values based organisation? Are you keen to build strong relationships with our current customers, motivated to engage new customers whom would benefit from our services and passionate to deliver sustainable financial growth to achieve our purpose and vision?
This unmissable opportunity will provide you with an opportunity to use your business and relationship skills in a rewarding context.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but not limited to:
- Contribute to, and implement a growth strategy focused on financial sustainability and value creation for customers and their staff
- Respond to initial enquiries with the aim of building long term relationships with new and existing customers
- Conduct a needs analysis of customers, develop proposals, promote OzHelp's service offering to address their requirements and close new business deals
- Provide regular touch points and offer ongoing support to customers
- Liaise with service delivery staff to roll out programs
- Coordinate communication and reporting to customers over the life of the contract / agreement
- Contribute to the ongoing development and continuous improvement of our services
Benefits and perks
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter demonstrating your knowledge and ability to undertake the responsibilities outlined in this role to: email@example.com.
Applications close 28th January 2020. For further enquiries regarding this role please contact Wendy Prowse, Director Business Development on 0417141049.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Development, Business Administration, Sales, Marketing (or demonstrated experience in delivery results in a BD role)
- Australian citizenship or ability to work in Australia
- Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current relevant state/territory driver licence
Skills, capability & knowledge
- Able to work autonomously, be self-motivated as well as working well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and manage multiple projects
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Competence in use of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Strong skills across Microsoft Office Suite
Desirable Industry experience & knowledge
- Knowledge of mental health, suicide prevention, health promotion, community sector
- Knowledge of construction & building industry, farming & agriculture, industries that employ apprentices
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years of B2B sales experience do you have?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?