Advertiser: :86 400More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
We believe it’s time for a new type of bank. One that steps up and does the right thing by its customers; that puts them first. One that is relevant and meaningful in today’s world.
We’re that new type of bank. We’re digital only, and harness the capabilities of technology, data and artificial intelligence to deliver an entire bank in the palm of your hand. We exist solely to serve our customers - to give them a smarter, more personalised banking experience. We are constantly adapting and evolving to help customers make better, more informed financial decisions. We do things in real time, to bring real value to their lives. We put them first.
And we do this every second, of every minute, of every day.
All 86,400 of them. We’re 86 400.
You live and breathe data and the engineering of it, and your purpose is to best understand and model complex data sources/sets, pipelines and problems. For the benefit of teams, you support but ultimately for the end Customer you are developing for. Your expertise in data engineering means you can empower others to more easily deliver Insights that benefit the Customer using machine learning techniques that will ultimately be delivered via a mobile app.
This role reports to the Senior Data Scientist in the Insights team.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME AT 86,400
While you should be able to work across all aspects of the Digital Bank (including deposit and lending products)
Your key tasks will include:
- Design and develop scalable data pipelines and models for Insights delivery and to enable machine learning algorithms to operate at scale
- Define, map and model the data and data-flows from transaction sources, client data and external providers that can be used to provide Insights and execution of machine learning/AI techniques
- Engage, scope, undertake and manage a series of pilot analytics engagements
- Understand, evaluate and adopt new data sources, data engineering practices and techniques
- Liaise with technology to keep abreast of technology roadmap
- Liaise with internal providers of analytics infrastructure
WHAT MAKES YOU TICK
- You are tenacious with data engineering, yet able to identify and mitigate problems in a realistic fashion and as the situation requires
- You have attention to detail, yet able to step back and see the big picture when the situation requires
- You can prioritize, adapt to change quickly and work with ambiguity
- You put your hand up for help when stuck
- You have knowledge in financial process and systems
- You are solution based
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO 86 400
- Proficient with SQL and Python, with some experience in distributed compute/file system technologies (examples may include Spark, PySpark)
- Strong skills with Jira & Confluence
- Appropriate industry experience/qualifications in data engineering/modelling and data analytics
- Working knowledge of machine learning/data science and deployment of machine learning algorithms into production environments
- At least 3 years of practical and demonstrable experience in the discovery, exploration and analysis of large and complex data sets, preferably including financial services data
- Deep knowledge of data preparation, transformation and modelling techniques
- Deep experience in public cloud services and applications
- Experience in working with both technically focussed colleagues and managers/executives to elicit business needs and develop appropriate analytical and data solutions
- Experience in working with providers of analytics hardware and software
- Previous work experience in a Digital Labs environment
- Experience in a greenfield or start-up organisation
- A good sense of humour
VALUES. EVERY SECOND
- Customer. Customer. Customer - We put the customer’s best interests at the forefront of everything we do. We believe financial success will follow customer success.
- Agile and Brave - Constantly collaborating in new ways to create something genuinely innovative.
- Value Each Other - We respect everyone’s contribution, embracing a common goal and championing individuality.
- Frank and Authentic - A high performing team who say what we mean and mean what we say to create a strong team culture.
- Show Up - We bring our passion, positivity and sense of fun every day to embrace the challenges of changing the banking game.
Please note: no agencies will be accepted in the recruitment of this role. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all candidates for their application. Only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with machine learning techniques?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?