Advertiser: The Parent BrandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $80,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
Are you a creative, commercially-minded content specialist who can conceptualise and create engaging sponsored parenting content across a variety of audio and digital media?
We are looking for a hands-on Commercial Editor to lead ideation and commercial content creation that engages our Australian audiences and delivers on our client’s commercial objectives across a variety of audio (podcast, radio and Voice), digital and event platforms.
Working across two brands, Babyology (one of Australia’s largest digital parenting communities) and Kinderling Kids Radio (Australia’s most awarded audio service for young families), you will have experience conceptualising and producing video, editorial and sponsored content that deliver successful partnerships for our agency and direct clients.
This role would suit an organised and flexible individual with plenty of editorial experience. Someone with a great eye for detail and a can-do attitude who understands the power of a big idea - and loves making them happen.
What is the role?
- Responding to commercial briefs with creative and relevant ideas that reflect both an understanding of the client’s objectives and our brands’ position;
- Collaborating with the internal stakeholders for best outcomes of client responses to brief that are engaging and have broad audience appeal;
- Planning, coordinating and managing the product of all commercial content, including the commissioning, writing and editing of all written and video content;
- Managing multiple deadlines for a range of projects from one-off articles to longer campaigns.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous digital publishing experience;
- Experience at reading a client brief and identifying engaging content opportunities;
- Ability to work fast and to tight deadlines and fabulous time management skills to juggle a multitude of tasks;
- Exceptional communication skills – you will be working within a remote team and the ability to work efficiently, collaboratively and transparently is vital;
- Strong editorial experience, including the ability to write snappy copy, proofread at speed, and spot a typo at a thousand paces;
- Experience in Wordpress and Photoshop.
To be considered for the role you will have a journalism or publishing background and at least three years’ experience in a similar role in an online environment. You will also be able to demonstrate an understanding of what Australian mums want to read and engage with online.
The Parent Brand is one Australia's largest digital communities focused on families with children aged zero to six. The Parent Brand produces written, video and audio content for a community of over 1.3 million followers across its key properties including Babyology and Kinderling Kids Radio.
Based in Stanmore, we are an equal opportunity employer and offer a collaborative, family-friendly and flexible work environment.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in a publishing role?