Advertiser: Dal Zotto WinesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
About the business
Dal Zotto Wines is a family owned winery located at Whitfield and Cheshunt in the King Valley, north east Victoria. With 105 acres under vine, Dal Zotto concentrates its efforts on Italian varietals, especially Prosecco, for the premium wine market. More than 14,000 visitors are welcomed annually to activities and events, showcasing an award-winning Cellar Door and Trattoria with a successful and growing wine club.
In August 2019, Dal Zotto Wines received one of the greatest honours in Australian wine by not only being awarded a
FIVE-STAR rating but also being named the 2020 Halliday Wine Companion Dark Horse Winery of The Year.
About the role
The newly created full time position of Venue Manager is located at Whitfield and reports directly to the Operations and Finance Manager. This position leads the teams in the Cellar Door and Trattoria (floor and kitchen) to drive sales and profitable growth.
This position provides leadership, manages and directs all operational aspects of each area to drive sales and customer satisfaction whilst meeting efficiency targets. This position also requires a hands-on approach to the day to day operations to ensure the smooth running of the business. As a hospitality venue, the role will require a combination of time with the team on the floor and administration tasks.
This position will be required to work within a 7-day roster to include weekend work and some public holidays.
The Venue Manager plays an integral role within the Dal Zotto leadership team.
Benefits and perks
Staff wine discount
Skills and experience
To be considered for this new position you will have:
- Experience in a similar role;
- Solid understanding of the wine and hospitality industries;
- Supreme organisation, forward planning and delegation skills;
- Experience managing a diverse team, leading and developing staff;
- A high level of financial understanding, achieving sales targets and cost management;
- Experience ensuring compliance in all areas of customer service, retail and/or hospitality operations, merchandising and stock control;
- An ability to take a hands-on approach to the operations of the business as required; and
- An ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- A practical and positive approach to problem solving.
Please send applications in strict confidence with resume and covering letter to Jon Baxter email@example.com by Jan 24th, 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?