- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Other
About the Company
Verifact is one of Australia's leading providers of private investigations, traffic management and emergency response solutions.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Finance Team Leader to join our team for an immediate start. This is a full-time role, based in our Springwood Head Office.
About the Role
Working closely with the Executive Team, the successful person is responsible for achieving financial success within the Group.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- General accounting – assistance with financial statement preparations and reports across multiple companies
- Payroll functions
- Tax compliance (BAS, PAYG, Payroll Tax)
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash Management
- Monitoring capital expenditure and recovery for Departments
- Ensure the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual management and Board reporting, covering Income and expenditure, balance sheet, statistics and performance results.
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Management of cashflow forecasting
- Assistance with annual budgeting
- Responsible for all finance and accounting requirements for all entities within the company.
- Completion of all management reporting requirements including but not limited to regular EOM and Intercompany data.
- Regular analytical review and interpretation of all financial information.
- This hands-on role will require someone who is willing and prepared for the responsibility that comes with such a broad position and can demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in finance and/or accounting preferred but not essential
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Previous Accounts Payable & Receivable experience
- Experience working in a group with multiple companies would be highly regarded
- High-level communication skills, both written and oral
- Work autonomously and to deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel
- Preceda Payroll System preferred but not essential
- A comprehensive understanding and ability to demonstrate business accounts processes and legislative requirements
- A high degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change in a pressured work environment
- Exception time management and organisational skills
If you are a Finance Team Leader with the required skills and experienced to be successful for this opportunity, please click "Apply Now".
We respectfully request no Recruitment Agencies make contact with us in relation to this role.
It should be noted that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?
- Do you have experience using Preceda (HR Management & Payroll)?
- How many years of experience do you have working directly with intercompany data?