Animal AttendantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Other
Ponderosa Pet Resort is located minutes from Melbourne Airport in Oaklands Junction on 10 acres of pleasant rural setting, and offers the opportunity for casual work with a small friendly team.
We have a great opportunity for the right candidate to join us and work in a diverse environment. We are looking for a hard working, experienced pet care attendant capable of office work. This is a diverse role with many aspects to keep you interested. A successful candidate would show flexibility to work extra during peak periods, including public holidays, Christmas, New Year, Easter, school holidays plus relief for staff leave etc. You will need to ensure you are able to time manage various tasks.
Grooming experience would be nice.
You must be fit, responsible, reliable and punctual.
Kennel tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to handle various animals of differing temperament and have a keen eye, experience is essential
- Clean and disinfect animal pens and boarding areas, including pressure washing
- Feed, water and medicate animals
- Preparation of pet food for specific animal needs
- Exercise, bath and groom animals
- Clean and service the cattery
- General office functions, database entry, phones, bookings etc after appropriate training.
- Maintain all areas of the business premises in a proactive, safe and appropriate manner. This may include some gardening (including mowing, weeding), cleaning, maintenance tasks
- Pick up and delivery of pets, as required, so driver's licence is essential, without restrictions
- Customer liaison, where communication skills and ability to work well with a broad range of people is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must have reliable transport, and current driver's licence, without restrictions
- Have a strong sense of confidentiality, and maintain client details in a confidential and responsible manner
Applicants must be willing to undertake a health check, and a Police check if requested to do so. Currently the days offered are 4 to 5 hours for 2 or 3 weekdays, maybe Saturdays, and every 3rd or 4th Sunday. Weekday hours would be 8.00am to 12.00 noon or 1.00pm. This may vary according to our needs.
Please send your resume and a cover letter, only if you have the experience necessary, with a boarding establishment or animal care agency with numerous animals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)