- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
- Work for Victoria’s leading animal welfare charity and help us end cruelty to all animals
- Exciting opportunity to join our Pearcedale animal care team and work as part of a dedicated team
- Casual positions available!
About the RSPCA
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to end cruelty to all animals. Our purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, animal care and protection. We achieve this by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across Victoria we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an environment that is underpinned by our values: respect, consideration, clarity, accountability, expertise and collaboration.
About the role
We currently have opportunities for casual Animal Attendants to join our team at RSPCA Pearcedale.
The Animal Attendant is responsible for the provision of day to day care of animals in our Pearcedale shelter, contributing to the achievement of the best possible welfare outcome for every animal in our care.
As an Animal Attendant at RSPCA Victoria, your role will include (but is not limited to):
- Contributing to the daily management of animals of any species and across all parts of the shelter, including providing general care, husbandry and handling of animals and cleaning of facilities;
- Observing, documenting and reporting health and behaviour concerns of animals in our care, and supporting Veterinarians when required;
- Providing a high level of service to customers in the adoption, surrender and reclaiming of animals;
- Ensuring all necessary documentation relating to the management of animals are recorded accurately and in accordance with RSPCA Victoria procedures and timeframes;
- Contributing to a positive and inclusive work environment by effectively communicating and working collaboratively with peers across all departments.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working or volunteering in an animal care role, including basic knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour, disease recognition and safe handling;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment, whilst showing great care and compassion to the animals in our shelter;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment;
- Holds or is willing to complete a Certificate II in Animal Studies (or equivalent) will be highly regarded.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- The successful applicants will be required to hold a current Victorian Driver’s License
- The successful must have a current tetanus vaccination or be willing to get a tetanus vaccination as part of the process.
- Please note that applicants will be required to work over a rotating roster.
Due to the nature of our organisation, candidates must be willing to work weekends and public holidays.
How to Apply
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated and passionate team making a difference to animals in need.
If you believe you can make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals then please visit the advertisement for this position on our website at http://www.rspcavic.org to download the position description (top right-hand corner) and to apply online. Alternatively, please contact Anand Shiva (Animal Care Supervisor), on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Applications must include a CV and supporting cover letter.
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Applications close Midnight on 26 January 2020.