Sport & Recreation Team Leader
Advertiser: All Aspects Recruitment & HR ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2020
- $70,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Sport & Recreation and Mitchirr Co-ordinator - Palumpa
- Pack your bags, and prepare yourself for a great adventure in the Daly River Land Trust region.
- Bring your interpersonal skills where you will establish relationships, consult, network and mentor staff
- Work with and support the Mitchirr Board
Working with the Mitchirr Board you will be responsible for managing day to day operations of sport and recreation services and the Mitchirr Corporation. The Sport & Recreation and Mitchirr Coordinator is responsible for supervising, overseeing and monitoring recreational, leisure and sporting events.
The position also entails working for the Mitchirr Board one day a week to strengthen the administration, governance and understanding of Mitchirr and board member obligations.
The Co-ordinator may be required to work odd or long hours at a time to complete special requests, projects or to assist with the coordination of evening and out of hour’s activities. The Mitchirr Board do not see this position working conventional public service hours. The applicant must be versatile and able to develop a time schedule that matches community expectations.
- Coordinate and promote objectives for sport & recreational activities and provide monthly plans and reports within required timeframes.
- Coordinate / Promote and develop cultural events and sports events in the community through print advertising, inclusion in community event calendars and social media.
- Encourage and incorporate cultural activities with sport and recreation for all community members.
- Develop strategic plans for the delivery of future sports and recreation activities.
- Supervise, train and mentor Sport & Recreation Officers, including assisting with the on-boarding process for new employees.
- Liaise with Sport & Recreation Team Leaders from other communities to build Council wide competitions and sporting events.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure Workplace Health & Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Devote 1 day per week to Mitchirr activities and oversee the governance and administration of the Mitchirr Corporation.
- Arrange meetings, set agendas and take minutes of all meetings and develop budget
- Oversee time sheets and provide support for Mitchirr employees
- Act as an advocate for Mitchirr when necessary
- Work with existing and potential Board members and future employees to develop their administrative and governance skills.
APPLY NOW! Submit your updated CV and one-page cover letter outlining your experience against the responsibility of the position.
COB 24th January 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?