UI/ UX Designer
Advertiser: Game Marketing GenieMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Web & Interaction Design
About the business
Game Marketing Genie is a marketing and software seed stage start-up. The business' mission is to empower companies with the ability to reach their target market at scale through various marketing, strategic and software development initiatives. Looking forward into the next decade, Game Marketing Genie is planning to expand globally into 3 countries, while launching our very own IP software product in 2020.
Game Marketing Genie remains fully owned by its founders and principle investor, a recognized global CEO of a Singapore stock exchange listed company, a VC fund owner with investments in a variety of start-ups and member of the Singapore Stock Exchange's disciplinary committee.
Financially, Game Marketing Genie is well supported until the time is right to welcome strategic investors. We value our employees and look for the best talent to be an integral part of the Game Marketing Genie team. We also plan to award share options to the most deserving key senior employees.
About the role
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you'll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients' needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
Benefits and perks
- Friendly team with a strict code of politeness, inclusiveness, and diversity.
- 100s of great places for coffee and food surround us.
- Right in the CBD (Collins Street)
- If you see this as a perk - this company is right for you - we want highly internally motivated people and at Game Marketing Genie, you will always work with highly passionate people.
- You will eventually be expected to grow into the role of running your own customer experience planning team.
- You are being hired as a senior, reporting directly to company owners as the first specialist in your department at a seed-stage start-up. Opportunities to grow and develop are extremely likely, if not almost unavoidable with good performance.
Skills and experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- How many years' experience do you have working in an agile environment?
- How many years' experience do you have as a user experience (UX) designer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?