Advertiser: Hobart Friendly SocietyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Pharmacy
PHARMACY ASSISTANT POSITION
We are seeking applications for a pharmacy assistant position in our not-for-profit pharmacy which is located in the Hobart CBD.
The position is full-time, however part-time hours (minimum of 30 hours per week) may be considered by negotiation.
Our pharmacy is focused on providing excellent customer service and providing a high-standard of pharmaceutical and health care to our community.
Duties & responsibilities will include:
- Working on the store floor, assisting customers with products and providing accurate and informative health advice
- POS, cash handling, following membership procedures
- Working within a small team to achieve KPIs and store goals, with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Organising and promoting health initiatives with enthusiasm and genuine interest
- Performing stock control (stocktake/expiry checking) with a high level of accuracy
- Merchandising and maintenance of displays
- Impeccable professionalism and maintenance of privacy
Applicants must possess the following:
- Excellent time management skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask, handle pressure and prioritise tasks.
- Strong customer service skills, with an approachable/friendly personality and great ability to communicate effectively.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to consistently and accurately follow processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and efficiently learn how to use new computer systems/programs.
Level of experience required:
Whilst appropriate training will be provided to the successful applicant, the position requires someone who can 'hit the ground running'. As such, previous pharmacy experience is strongly desirable (although not essential).
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
** Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 20th of January 2020. Please ensure that you provide a COVER LETTER outlining what makes you suited to the position. Applications which do not include a cover letter may not be considered. **
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a pharmacy assistant?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a pharmacy before?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?