(6 months Internship) Computer Science / Software Engineering / Data Science
Advertiser: Abyss SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Abyss Solutions is an award-winning and rapidly accelerating start-up delivering data-driven engineering assessments for critical infrastructure. The team pushes state-of-the-art in machine learning using creative measures for harvesting key information collected from remote systems operating in challenging field conditions.
Our team consists of experts in marine robotics, computer vision, machine learning, sensor technology and civil engineering.
Multiple roles are open at Abyss Solutions within the fields of Computer Science, Software Engineering and Data Science.
These roles involve developing tools to automatically inspect, analyse and review a wide range of challenging field data. The tools that you develop will help deliver invaluable analytics to a wide range of commercial clients. You’ll be working closely with a group of experienced Machine Learning, field robotics and software engineers, guiding you towards development of our cutting-edge data products.
Core Duties Include:
• Develop tools to inspect and analyse field data
• Working with a diverse range of field data
• Actively collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team that ranges from engineers to external clients
• Receive one-on-one guidance and mentorship
• Get transitioned into full time employment at the end of their internship.
At least at final / penultimate year of studies in computer science or software engineering degree.
Skills and Experience
• Strong technical and analytical skills, including understanding of data structures and algorithms, system architecture and end-user experience
• Experience within the Linux environment
What we offer
• GROW: Rapidly growing tech firm with exceptional ambitions, actively delivering novel products. You will see your work making a big impact to real clients!
• COLLABORATE: Work tightly with a diverse entrepreneurial team with lots of opportunities for growth and mentorship
• LEARN: A continuous learning culture with support for courses, meetups and academic collaborations
• PLAY: Flexible work arrangements and a socially active team
Abyss Solutions is located in Homebush Business Village in the Inner West of Sydney. The office is within close proximity to the Great Western Highway, Western Motorway and Homebush Bay Drive, which places it at the junction of major arterial roads linking Sydney north to south and east to west. Bus and railway stations are easily accessible. The Sydney CBD is only 30 minutes drive away.
How to apply
If you have the required skills we would love to hear from you! Please apply via SEEK and kindly make sure to include the following:
• Resume, and,
• Cover Letter – Your cover letter must address the following points:
– Half page containing a brief overview of relevant skills and work experience for this role, and your work/visa eligibility in Australia post the internship.
– Apply linear regression to find the next number in the following series: 25, 36, 45, 54, 72, 83. Please include the output number to nearest decimal point in the cover letter.
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your resume.
Abyss Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at the workplace. We welcome and highly encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?