- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
About the business
Good Shepherd is an International Baccalaureate World School, offering both the Primary Years and Middle Years Programmes. The College has two outstanding Early Learning Centres, both recently attaining 'exceeding national quality standard'. Good Shepherd has three campuses - Leanyer, Palmerston and Howard Springs and is the largest school in the Northern Territory.
About the role
Good Shepherd Lutheran College NT is seeking a full time, contract term Information Technology Support Officer for the 2020 School year.
The Information Technology Support Officer is a diverse role working with College staff and students to ensure the effective operation of technology services within the College. The successful candidate would ideally possess a strong knowledge of school based hardware and applications. Duties will include installation and troubleshooting of equipment and software, tracking and resolution of general help desk calls, some training of staff and support for teachers in managing classroom technology may be required as well as general support for our Administration office. The school has a network infrastructure based on Microsoft Windows, which provides internet services and access to common software applications.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
• support of the ethos of Lutheran Education
• the capacity to support current infrastructure through regular scheduled Wi-Fi infrastructure, projectors and presentation hardware, print services and all systems, including school owned devices across the College.
• Knowledge and familiarity with or capacity to develop expertise in a range of software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Active Directory.
• Network maintenance experience and ability to troubleshoot system failures
• An understanding of the support requirements of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program of the school to enhance Teaching and Learning.
• Skill in deployment and maintenance of staff devices and technical support for the day to day needs of College staff, including support and casual staff.
• High level of communication and collaboration skills with an ability to plan and prioritise tasks.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently. You will demonstrate an ability to carry out tasks expediently.
• Ability to be flexible and cope with an interrupted work environment
Benefits and perks
- Rewarding role where you can make a difference to the student's learning environment
- Passionate, friendly and supportive team environment
- Family friendly working conditions, 6 weeks annual leave.
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary IT qualification (degree or similar).
- Sound technical background with hands-on experience in a development and operations setting, with a strong understanding of business operations support.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?