Advertiser: MorcofreshMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $60,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the business
Morco is a dynamic, growing and innovative business operating in the Fresh Produce Industry.
Morco is a market leader in the Fresh Food Service Sector as well as operating in the wholesale and export sectors of Fresh Produce.
About the role
Core objectives include:
- Weekly Reporting.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Credit review and new customer account setup.
- Processing Customer Payments (Credit Card and Direct Debits).
- Liaise with Debt Collection agents.
- Work with Wholesale Finance team (1 -2 days per week).
- End of Month Reporting.
- End of Month Close.
- Assist Accounts Receivable function.
- Budgets Preparation.
- Regulatory Compliance: ABS Surveys, Bank Covenants, and others.
- Supplier Statement Reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable full function including payment run processing.
- Inter Company Invoicing for shared costs.
- Continuous Improvement and Value Add Projects.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested.
Skills and experience
- Must be a Permanent Resident or Citizen.
- Flexibility in working hours (early morning starts may be required).
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Basic to Intimidate Excel skills (VLOOKUP's, SUMIFS).
- Demonstrated analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles.
- Great rapport and relationship building abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to utilise software programs such as Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERPS) and Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to further undertake professional development (CA/CPA)
- University Degree qualification.
- 2 - 8 years' work experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?