Clinical Support Specialist
Advertiser: MicrobaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Sales
Microba is an Australian microbial genomics company that has quickly established itself as a world leader in the analysis of the gut microbiome. With a growing body of global research indicating that the gut microbiome plays a central role in health and disease, Microba has positioned itself as a leading provider in the development of new pathology services, therapeutics and diagnostics based on the microbiome. Using its proprietary Metagenomic Analysis Platform (MAPTM) technology, Microba provides services to individuals, healthcare professionals and researchers to deliver industry-leading microbiome-profiling solutions, and to create life-changing health care solutions.
To support Microba’s mission of providing cutting-edge gut microbiome analysis which delivers actionable insight to health care professionals for improving their patient’s health and wellness, we are looking for an experienced professional with a background in natural and integrated health to join our team within Clinical Support Specialist (CSS).
As a CSS you will be responsible for initiating activities to establish and build relationships that increase adoption of Microba’s products within the natural and integrated health community and use your experience to develop and improve the product offerings. You will report to the Clinical Application Manager and work closely in conjunction with the Business Development and Marketing and Scientific Communications teams.
This is a customer-facing role with a need for regular travel nationally. This is a Brisbane-based role, although outstanding applicants based in Sydney or Melbourne may be considered in a remote-working arrangement.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and other Health Care Practitioners (HCPs) to drive sales through:
- Building and nurturing HCPs relationships to drive adoption of Microba’s services
- Proactively scheduling face-to-face and telephone interactions to strengthen existing relationships and to develop new customers
- Assist in the education of HCPs through Microba initiatives/programs
- Ensure HCPs are equipped with support materials and provide regular information/updates/support for our services.
- Participate in key marketing initiatives to reach and interact with HCP KOLs to promote Microba’s services
- Taking part in educational events, workshops, seminars, conference presentations, CPD events
- Assist with preparing and reviewing promotional and advertising materials together with Microba’s marketing team
- Communicate customer feedback to the product development team to assist in building the next generation of Microba products and services
- Building deep customer relationships to understand their true needs & pain points
- Record customer interactions within the Microba CRM system
- Monitor and report on sales
You are a nutritionist or naturopath or have worked closely with this industry with experience in sales and business development, with a track-record of directly engaging with HCPs to increase new product uptake.
You will possess:
- An established sales professional with a strong track record
- Proven healthcare industry sales success with new products
- > 3 years’ experience with Heath Care Practitioner engagement/management
- Experience providing first-line practitioner support and fielding product enquiries
- Knowledge of national Health Care Practitioner markets
- A well-informed understanding of the human microbiome’s role in health and disease and a keen interest in how this information can be utilised clinically to guide treatment recommendations
- Integral understanding of the regulatory landscape for HCPs in Australia
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong network of relationships with stakeholders
- Clinical experience will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Experience in managing the complex sales process and negotiation.
You will also have:
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and presentations to facilitate management decision making
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- Desirable: Experience using SharePoint, Dynamics 365, and Teams
You will be:
- a passionate, driven medical/scientific sales professional who prides themselves on scientific rigour, and believes strongly in the value of evidence-based medicine and always seeks to understand the customer's needs within every interaction
- an individual who thrives in an autonomous role within a supportive, collaborative agile team culture
In addition, if you wish to be considered for a remote role you must:
- Be based in Sydney or Melbourne
- Be able to be based at a suitable home office and work on the road
- Have access to a car and a current Australian drivers’ licence
The ideal candidate will possess a Nutrition, Naturopathy, Dietetics or other medically oriented degree (e.g. medical science) and/or clinical sales experience in the nutrition, naturopathy, dietetics or genomics area.
The CSS role will offer a competitive remuneration package for experienced sales professionals with a base salary and performance-based bonus structure.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?