- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Claims
Crawford and Company is the world’s largest independent claims management company. We’re here to provide leading and trusted expert assistance to our customers to help them restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities in Australia and across the globe.
As a claims consultant , you'd be responsible for the negotiation, investigation and settlement of Insured and Third Party claims.
You’ll work as one with our high performing and dedicated team of claims adjusters, bringing with you an entrepreneurial spirit; down to earth and respectful attitude; positive outgoing personality; good customer service; and time and caseload management skills.
In return, we’ll provide you with a competitive salary and all the support you need to succeed, including training, mentoring and recognition of your achievements.
At Crawford and Company, we encourage a culture of respect, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and inclusion. We have pay and incentive plans in place to recognise performance and empower our people to be their best through a combination of wellbeing, community and training programs as well as comprehensive leave options.
To find out more, please visit our website: https://crawfordbenefitscentral.com/New-Hire
Effectively process and negotiate claims as per claims settlement authority levels, Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and regulatory requirements
Check all documentation for accuracy
Liaise with customers and provide timely response to all communications giving clear and accurate advice
Controlling claims costs
Appoint service providers and suppliers
Liaise with internal and external service providers and suppliers
Negotiate with solicitors and third party insurers and attend settlement conferences where necessary
Ensure all recovery aspects of claims are monitored, and amounts due are obtained where appropriate
Ensure any potential fraud indicator is identified and acted upon
Client relationship management & Ad hoc administrative functions
- Experience with claims management systems preferred
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Completion of Year 12
- Certificate IV in financial Services (General Insurance Tier 1) preferred
- Willing to undertake further study and training as identified to support and enhance position requirements
How to apply
We encourage people of all genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
If you think this role is a good fit for you, click on the ‘apply’ button today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a claims consultant?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?