Advertiser: CSSANZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
CSSANZ represents specialist colorectal surgeons in Australia and New Zealand. Our members have undertaken advanced training in colorectal surgery and are dedicated to ongoing professional development to maintain their expertise in the diagnosis and management of intestinal and anorectal problems. Most of our members are actively involved in research and teaching and all are committed to maintaining the highest standards in their practice. We have a close relationship with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, and maintain strong links with many other professional organisations, both nationally and internationally. Our office, in Hawthorn, Victoria, provides support for the Society’s activities particularly for our post-fellowship training program, our research foundation and for other membership activities.
We are looking for a mature, self-motivated and organised person to look after the accounts function on a permanent part-time basis, either one day per week or the equivalent over a couple of days.
The successful person will have strong experience in handling all aspects of office accounts and will be proficient in using MYOB Account Right, as well as competency with the Microsoft suite of programs. They will have excellent time management skills as well as good interpersonal and organisational skills. They will be confident in following-up requirements via phone/email and have excellent grammar skills and be willing to contribute to the smooth running of our organisation.
The Accounts Officer will report to the General Manager and Executive and will be part of a small team of 3-4 people.
Tasks will include:
- Payments, bank balances and reconciliations,
- Merchant gateway reports and reconciliations;
- MYOB entries (Account Right);
- Compliance reports: ATO – BAS, Super, Single touch payroll reporting, WorkCover;
- Preparation of EOFY information for accountants;
- Maintaining budget and other reports;
- Invoicing and receipts and follow-up of any outstanding accounts;
- Other general office tasks as needed.
Key selection criteria:
- Strong understanding of accounts procedures;
- High level of proficiency with and previous experience in working with MYOB;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe pdf writer;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Mature and professional attitude with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team;
Essential skills, experience & qualifications:
- Proven ability with MYOB and previous accounts experience;
- Proven ability with Microsoft Office and Adobe pdf writer;
- Strong organisation and time management skills;
- Ability to produce high quality reports as directed;
- Proven ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills;
Enquiries: Enquiries can be directed to the General Manager, Liz Neilson, Ph: +61 3 9853 8013
Applications: Applications close COB 7 February 2020.
Applications should include CV and be accompanied with a cover letter addressing the above criteria.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an account officer?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?