- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Tertiary
Learning Support Advisor
The Education Centre of Australia (ECA) is a leading and diverse education group that operates at the forefront of Australia’s higher education sector with multiple campuses in Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. Over the past two decades, we have helped tens of thousands of students through English language courses, undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees, and targeted internships.
As a growing network of colleges, we are looking for more people to join us in providing high-quality educational experiences and project-based learning opportunities to students from around the world to transform their lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Advisor to be part of our team at Victoria University at our Sydney campus.
Victoria University (VU) has partnered with the Education Centre of Australia since 2007, to deliver courses in Sydney. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in accounting, information systems, and enterprise resource planning systems to international students.
As an integral member of the team, you will have a rewarding opportunity to progress your career within the education industry. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company and is self-motivated, enthusiastic and proactive who likes to take responsibility.
- Providing high-quality learning skills support to students
- Identifying students ‘at-risk’ for early academic intervention
- Implementing strategies for learning skills support according to established and continuous improvement in quality standards
- Creating and presenting workshops supporting study skills
- Ensuring students are engaged with learning processes and supporting academic staff in the pursuit of excellence in student achievement
- Maintaining records and reporting on students’ academic progress.
As the successful candidate you will ideally have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education, Teaching, Academic Literacies or a related disciplinary field
- Demonstrated experience in higher education in a role specifically related to providing learning support and academic literacies development to an international student cohort
- Strong evidence of a commitment to student-centered learning, and experience in the pastoral care of international students
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact productively with students and staff from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated reporting and data compilation skills, preferably with a proficient level in using Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, promote, facilitate, monitor and evaluate learning programs or events.
Candidates with specific demonstrated expertise in working with accounting and/or information technology students will be highly regarded.
In return we will offer you:
- A supportive team environment
- An energetic culture that inspires and supports excellence
- Work/life balance
- Professional development
- Expanding network of contacts
ECA is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must have full working rights to be employed within Australia for a reasonable period of time and must hold a valid Working with Children check.
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and statement addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the expected high volume of responses only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For further information or to gain an insight into our team, please contact Dr. Khaled Kourouche, 02 8325 3274.
Thank you for your interest in the position with ECA!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?