Laboratory technician - QC chemist
Advertiser: BJP Laboratories Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
The Company is a complementary medicine manufacturer based in north of the Gold Coast.
The company is committed to delivering high quality and safe products to meet and exceed quality standard.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a laboratory technician (QC chemist) to join our fast-growing Complementary medicine manufacturing facility on a permanent basis. The facility is based in the south side of Brisbane/north of the gold coast.
This role is 8:30 am to 5:00 pm weekdays to work in the Quality control laboratory and join our fast pace chemical testing team for an immediate start.
This role involves using analytical instrumentation HPLC / GC-FID, BP and USP wet chemistry methods. Completing laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance, as well as chemical stock maintenance.
The Top requirements for the role:
- Analytical chemist (2 - 5 years of experience preferably)
- Positive team player
- Enjoy working on a fast pace team environment
- Improvement opportunities focus
- Experienced with TGA/GMP requirements
To be successful in this position:
- Have a Chemistry tertiary education
- Have some experience in raw material testing within TGA/GMP environment.
- Strong Wet chemistry skills using BP/USP/EU pharmacopoeia testing
- Have some experience with HPLC, GC analytical instruments.
- Have organisational skills to prioritise the large workflow
- Be a proactive and positive team player
- Can communicate effectively and maintain high level of records keeping accurately
- Have own transport (public transport not easily accessible)
- Full working rights in Australia
Duties in this role:
- Testing Finish products and raw materials as per BP/USP monograph and internal method. This includes HPLC, GC-FID, colorimetric titration, UV-VIS, FTIR, moisture analysis, Identification tests, Karl Fischer and Auto titrator.
- Performing calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Preparing tests solutions and reagents as required
- Reviewing and cross validating other analysts work
- Investigating OOS
- Participating in other QC testing as required (validations, stability samples testing)
- Assisting in the chemical ordering process and stock maintenance
- Assisting in quality documentations review task as required
- Assisting maintaining TGA/ GMP and OHS compliances as required.
- Enzyme testing
- Stability testing
- LC methods validations