Learning Support Teacher
Advertiser: Iona CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, Bayside & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
Iona College is an independent Catholic Boys School, owned and administered by the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. It is located in the Brisbane bayside suburb of Lindum and caters for some 1700 students from Years 5 to 12 inclusive.
Iona College is seeking a skilled, collaborative and motivated permanent, full-time Learning Support Teacher for the 2020 Academic Year to support the strategic growth and vision of the College to empower all members of the community to make a positive difference throughout their lives and the lives of others.
As the successful candidate you will model, foster and promote excellence in teaching and learning and have a focus on safety within our community. You will also share the Catholic values and ethos, including that of the Oblate and De Mazenod Charism.
To be considered for these positions you must:
- Have experience in Learning Support teaching methodologies, whether it's pre-service as a Graduate or you are a seasoned expert, we'd love you to apply;
- Have a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education;
- Be an effective communicator with all stakeholders;
- Be able to demonstrate exemplary teaching practice;
- Hold a bachelors’ degree in education or equivalent qualifications; and
- Hold or be eligible for registration as a teacher in Queensland.
Please include the following in your application:
- A covering letter addressing your suitability based on your skills, knowledge and experience;
- A current resume.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Sunday, 26 January 2020. Suitable candidates may be progressed to interview prior to the closure date. Previous applicants need not reapply.
This role is a Teacher level within the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Bargaining Agreement for Religious Institute Schools of Queensland.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Laurie Johal, Human Resources Manager on 07 3893 8888. For more information on Iona College, please visit https://www.iona.qld.edu.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?