- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
We are a well respected and established commercial construction company located in Enoggera.
This is a part-time position (16-18 hours per week) to provide IT Systems Administration/IT Support (including general IT maintenance and support across the whole business). This position requires an "IT generalist" who is willing and able to fulfil a broad IT role from desktop through to servers, networking, firewalls, switches, account admin etc.
The role will report to the IT Manager but must be capable of working independently and have the ability to cover all aspects of the IT Operations (provide coverage for leave etc).
Your day to day duties will include but are not limited to (in co-operation with the IT Manager):
- Monitor, maintain IT systems including backups, security and mail logs (local and cloud-based), file systems including capacity.
- Install, configure and maintain PCs, networking equipment and network operating systems.
- Monitor and configure networks to optimise performance plus diagnose and resolve faults.
- Undertake recovery action in the event of a system failure.
- Maintain control of system access and security levels.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues.
- Provide training - formal and informal
- Implement and co-ordinate housekeeping procedures, including back-ups, setting up user accounts, monitoring file access, checking logs etc.
- Plan and implement maintenance and upgrades for system software and hardware.
- Monitor and maintain Windows updates (servers and PCs) and anti-virus software.
- Update systems documentation and training material as required (including software licensing, hardware assets, etc.).
- IT user support and systems support across all IT systems
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in Australia
- Advanced knowledge of systems vulnerabilities and security including cyber-security
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server environments including Active Directory; Server 2008, 2012, 2016 plus Terminal Server environments; WSUS; SSL Certificates; DNS; DHCP; and Group Policy
- Expert knowledge of backup processes, including Cloud backups (utilising Veeam) and SQL backups
- Excellent knowledge of anti-virus software and processes (Sophos Cloud)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Excellent knowledge of mainstream desktop applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.) within an Office365 environment (including understanding of SharePoint online)
- Excellent knowledge of virtual environments (specifically VMware)
- High level understanding of systems infrastructure including firewalls, SAN, NAS, physical servers, UPS, switches, routers and bridges
- Understanding of smart phone devices including iPhone and Samsung
- Understanding of DR processes
- Understanding of multi-function printers, security cameras, training facilities (projectors etc)
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and to effectively work as a part of a team
- Strong clear communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, problem-solving skills
- Respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns
- Have pride in your work and take responsibility for its delivery
- Ability to easily communicate technical concerns and solutions to people with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and process
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Proven ability to follow-through on tasks
- Understanding of smaller business priorities and constraints
- Organisational skills including ability to plan and prioritise
You must be an Australian citizen to apply for this position.
No recruitment agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?