Learning Support Teacher Aide (Term One 2020, Part-Time)
Advertiser: Iona CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
Iona College is an independent Catholic Boys School, owned and administered by the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. It is located in the Brisbane bayside suburb of Lindum and caters for some 1700 students from Years 5 to 12 inclusive.
Iona College is seeking a part-time (one day per week, Friday's) term-time Learning Support Teacher Aide for Term One, 2020. Learning Support Teacher Aides work with the Head of Learning Support and Learning Support Centre team to provide classroom assistance to teachers in the delivery of Iona’s learning and teaching programs to students from Years 5 to 12.
The Learning Support Teacher Aide role delivers student support in a professional manner to effect academic engagement and sensitivity to the well-being of all students. It supports the strategic vision of the College which dares our young men to make a positive difference throughout their lives and the lives of others.
This role is a level four (4) School Officer, is remunerated on the Queensland Catholic College’s School Officers pay-scale and enjoys all associated benefits and entitlements.
The Learning Support Teacher Aide will have:
- Experience working with students who have verified and/or diagnosed learning needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A high level of confidentiality, attention to detail and ethical practice.
- A passion for learning and an ability to build and maintain positive relationships in a school environment.
- A Christian commitment consistent with the College’s ethos.
It will be advantageous for the Learning Support Teacher Aide to have:
- A Certificate IV in Education Support, similar qualification or relative experience.
- A current Blue Card is highly advantageous; applicants will need to evidence their Blue Card registration (if current) on their application by noting their registration number.
The terms of the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Bargaining Agreement for Religious Institute Schools Queensland apply to this position.
Applications close 4.00 pm on Sunday 26 January 2020 and should include the names of two current referees and qualifications required for this role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Laurie Johal, Human Resources Manager on 07 3893 8888. For more information on Iona College, please visit https://www.iona.qld.edu.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?
- Have you completed a qualification in special education?