- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- $72,449 + super + benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on constant team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the region:
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii.
A dynamic and emerging Queensland city, Bundaberg is the centrepiece of the region which includes long established rural communities at Gin Gin and Childers.
Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
Agricultural pursuits the envy of the nation and iconic products that take the name of Bundaberg to the world - we are a community on the rise.
About The Role
As a Property and Leases Officer your position is to facilitate, manage and oversee matters pertaining to Council property including land leases and goods leases, whether Council is the lessor or the lessee and whether for commercial or community uses. This position acts as the first point of contact to provide advice on Council’s land property portfolio, community and commercial leasing and licencing matters both internally and externally. You will be required to manage Council's property portfolio including managing leases, licences, permits and other contractual documents relating to property in which Council has an interest.
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for someone who:
- Has substantial experience in a property or legal related field and/or experience in property/lease management, preferably in an autonomous role
- Experience in and excellent understanding of negotiating, drafting, reviewing and enforcing leases within a number of different leasing areas (retail shop leases, commercial, residential etc.)
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation
- High level of oral and written communication skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate terms with key stakeholders and community groups
- High level of computer literacy skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related area is desirable
- Lives and upholds the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm, Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous employer super
- Fantastic work-life balance
- Rostered day off every 3 weeks
- Employer of choice
Applications Close: Monday 27 January 2020 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the below questionnaire followed by attaching your Resume.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!