Advertiser: Basair Aviation CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Basair Aviation College is the largest flying college in Australia with over 80 aircraft across three campuses. Basair’s graduates fly in over 40 airlines around the world. Basair's courses are designed in-house by aviation professionals with many years of experience training Commercial Pilots.
Basair is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant at its head office located at Bankstown Airport. The Accounts Assistant reports directly to the Finance Manager.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Processing credit card transactions
- Generating sales orders and sales invoices in a timely manner
- Collection and allocation of payments received
- Monitoring aged debtor reports
- Chasing overdue debts
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and general ledger accounts
- Maintaining the fixed asset registers
- Assisting with the month end close process
To be successful you will have:
- At least 2 years full accounts payable & receivable experience
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to pursue debt collection and take responsibility for reporting and overdue payments
- A high level of computer literacy the ability to work autonomously whilst contributing to the success of a team
- Experience using NetSuite would be preferable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills with experience interacting with customers by phone, email or face-to-face
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritise a demanding workload
- Personal characteristics such as being friendly, adaptable and a team player will ensure a great fit to the head-office finance team
- Direct exposure to business owners, senior management and a culture that embraces questions, new ideas and innovation
- Opportunity to grow with the business and gain new skills and capabilities
- Free on-site parking
If you are interested in applying for this role, send a covering letter and resume.
No Recruiters Please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?