- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- $60,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting
About the business
PROPERTY DEVELOPER NORTH WEST SYDNEY
$60k to $70k plus super per annum
We are a Property Development company located in north western Sydney.
We are looking for a suitably qualified full time Accountant / Bookkeeper who is able to take charge and work independently with attention to detail. A hands-on approach with a can-do attitude is required.
The role involves accounting/ bookkeeping using MYOB software and a broad range of other tasks including cashflow projections. A high level of proficiency in MYOB bookkeeping is required. There will also be some general administration duties. The candidate will be working closely with the Managing Director and the external Accountant. Experience in property development is desirable.
About the role
- Work closely with external Accountant and provide information as required for the lodgement of BAS, IT returns etc.
- Processing payroll and superannuation.
- Accounts payable, receivable and invoicing.
- Cash flow projections.
- Assisting in preparation of financial reports.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet & BAS.
- Logging and reconciling inter entity loans.
- General office management duties.
- General admin, stationery orders, kitchen orders and up-keep.
- Insurance management.
- Assist team with ad hoc duties.
Benefits and perks
- Flexibility and autonomy.
- Work with a dynamic team.
- Business experiencing rapid growth.
- Flat company structure where everyone is accessible and approachable.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- On-site parking is available and the office is walking distance from the new Metro train station.
Skills and experience
- Accounting / bookkeeping qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years' bookkeeping experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MYOB is a must.
- Knowledge of MS Office i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Ability to do time management and working under pressure at times.
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated, autonomous, reliable and trustworthy.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Professional, caring and friendly approach.
- Experience with property development is desirable.
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?
- Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?