Kennel Attendant- Part Time (32 hours/ week)
Advertiser: Tasracing Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Central & South East TAS
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Tasracing is the principal racing authority in Tasmania, responsible for providing the strategic direction and funding to the three codes of racing across the state- thoroughbred, harness and greyhound.
Within the Animal Welfare function, the Greyhound Adoption Program (GAP) plays a key role in safeguarding the welfare of all greyhounds involved in racing by finding new homes for those that have retired from the sport.
The GAP initiative was established in 2009, and has a new dedicated facility based at Mangalore, Tasmania.
Reporting to the GAP Manager, the Kennel Attendant is responsible for:
- Employing best practice dog handling techniques to ensure consistency of handling and care for all resident dogs;
- Promoting best practice standards of hygiene and order within the kennel and day yard area and broader property;
- Supporting behavioural retraining and walking of the resident dogs;
- Actively maintaining all records relating to health, medical and behaviour;
- Adopting a positive and dog-focussed approach in order to meet individual dog needs;
- Working collaboratively with the GAP team to develop and implement strategies to improve GAP’s operations and public visibility; and
- Communicating extensively with the GAP team, adopting a consultative and problem-solving approach to identify work priorities and establish best practice.
Key Selection Criteria
- Previous experience working with dogs is essential (in-house training will be provided);
- Strong work ethic with strong attention to detail;
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment;
- Able to follow policies, procedures and directives
- Comfortable working alongside and interacting with the public.
The work roster for the position is as follows:
Hours: 32 hours per week
Work days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Core hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please apply by submitting your current CV, a brief cover letter responding to the Key Selection Criteria and contact details for three referees via Seek. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Applications close 5pm 26 January 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?