Advertiser: Maryborough District Health ServiceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
The Clarendon Medical Centre (CMC) is located at 4 Neill Street Maryborough and provides general practice consultations, primary care nursing, immunisations and obstetric services to the Maryborough and district communities.
CMC works in collaboration with a number of other local Medical Clinics and the nearby Maryborough District Health Service. Together these services provide patients and clients with integrated and comprehensive health care and ensure the community is cared for by skilled and qualified staff.
The CMC is the largest practice in the Maryborough area employing a total of 21 staff including 6 Doctors, both at a part time and full time capacity, 6 nurses and a team of 9 administration staff, also both part time and full time capacity.
Position Available: Medical Receptionist, Casual Basis.
If you have a strong work ethic, a pleasant personality and a commitment to providing people with high quality person-centred care, we would love to hear from you!
- We are currently looking for 2 casual staff to be part of our casual pool.
- Successful candidates need to be available at any weekday, and available for potential shifts on Saturday’s from 9:30 am (to work between 3 – 5 hrs)
- There are no guaranteed shifts however we regularly require cover for staff holidays and illnesses.
- This is an opportunity for the right person to gain valuable experience in a Medical Clinic and could lead to more permanency in time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for caring, compassionate, motivated and empathetic individuals to join the team at the Clarendon Medical Centre as a Medical Receptionist. In this role you will primarily be responsible for arranging appointments, answering phones and maintaining patient and client records to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the practice.
To be successful in this role, you must be 100 per cent committed to the provision of exceptional care and service to our patients and clients.
Applications for this position close on Friday 24.01.2020
Applications are to include:
- Cover letter
- Written response to the Key Selection Criteria
Clarendon Medical Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
KSC1 - Basic level of competency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
KSC 2 - Experience in the use of Mediflex and Best Practice software, or similar practice management booking systems would be an advantage
KSC 3 - Some understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Medical Receptionist
KSC 4 - Experience in a Medical Receptionist / Secretarial / administration role would be an advantage but not essential
KSC 5 - Willingness to participate in Basic Life Support training
KSC 6 - Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team or independently if required
KSC 7 - High level of inter-personal skills with the ability to effectively liaise with patients, clients, staff, the community, service providers and other agencies
KSC 8 - Commitment to participate in continuous professional development activities
KSC 9 - Completion of an accredited Medical Receptionist certificate would be an advantage
KSC 10 - Completion of an accredited Medical Terminology Course would be an advantage
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following medical practice management software do you have experience with?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?