Advertiser: Amelie HousingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2020
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
About Amélie Housing
Amélie Housing was established in NSW by the Society of St Vincent de Paul (Society) in 2012 as a special purpose community housing development and management subsidiary company to complement the activities of the Society in providing charitable services to disadvantaged members of Australian society.
It is a Registered Tier 2 Community Housing Provider under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing. Amélie seeks to "bring hope through housing" to those who are disenfranchised in our society as a consequence of the lack of safe, secure and affordable housing.
Since its establishment in NSW the housing initiatives of the Society in other States have been working together to consider the impact they might have by joining together under a national umbrella organisation. In 2015 both Frederic Ozanam Housing in South Australia and the Society's Housing Program in the Australian Capital Territory agreed to merge their housing operations with Amélie Housing to form a National Community Housing Provider under the umbrella of Amélie Housing.
Benefits and perks
- By joining one of Australia's largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people's lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Knowledge and experience in Community Housing rent assessments or a strong understanding.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with Centrelink and Centrelink systems.
- Experience in rent processing and reconciliation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and a Housing software package (SDM preferred – not essential).
- Empathy and understanding of people with a disability or from a Culturally Diverse background.
- Experience in not for profit Housing Sector including relevant knowledge of legislation/policies.
- Experience engaging with SA Housing Authority.
- Experience in SA Civil and Administrative Tribunal proceedings.
- Sensitive to the needs of Social Housing clients.
- Able to establish and develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Able to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Well-developed written & verbal communication skills
- Commitment to providing services within the Ethos of St Vincent de Paul Society.
How to Apply
Applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume addressing the selection criteria above.
Shortlisting for the role will commence immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Emailed applications will not be accepted, please apply online via Seek.
Applications Close: 24/01/2020 at 11:59PM. No late applications will be accepted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?